Jamaica's starting XI vs Grenada later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hehehe!!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
      Karl you put Barca in a 5-3-2....or a 4-4-2 and ask them to play their game and see what happen...better yet when Man U play 4-4-2 compared to Man U playing 4-5-1 with Rooney alone up top and tell me they both play the same way
      Do not have to guess!
      ...any formation it shall be same-oooh same-oooh!
      Passing and moving!!!! Moving and passing!!!! ...just TEAM of the highest order!!!!

The formations are irrelevant!!!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Do not have to guess!
        ...any formation it shall be same-oooh same-oooh!
        Passing and moving!!!! Moving and passing!!!! ...just TEAM of the highest order!!!!

The formations are irrelevant!!!

I see your reasoning but I don't really agree...by that logic you are telling me that starting a defender in place of a forward will produce the same result on the pitch....kinda find that hard to believe still

Comment

Kickoff is at 9pm for Jamaica vs Grenada & 11pm for Honduras vs Guatemala.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

What I think Shelton and Dane going to do most is cut in the middle, while the wingback going to do some overlapping. I think them setting up some Ronaldo type run. We have the speed but the finish is not that great and the cross is not either. Tappa assistant pretty much said it in Brazil recently.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I see your reasoning but I don't really agree...by that logic you are telling me that starting a defender in place of a forward will produce the same result on the pitch....kinda find that hard to believe still
              ...you are still locked in "old school"...defenders start and forwards start...there is no in place of. AS the game goes players rotate in and out of 'position' as needed.

If you are playing real TEAM you do not wish any player glued to any particular position on the field...it must be movement to where most needed - where TEAM can be best helped.

It started way...way...long...long ago. It was just that it has a taken a long time for some to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                Me personally, i would go with a 6-4-1 formation or better yet, a 3-3-3-2. But hey, that's just my opinion.
                I posted this in jest yesterday hoping to generate some discussions, but my wit was lost on y'all. The point that I was trying to make, "wittingly", was that formations are overrated in today's game. At one stage of the game, I saw young boy Vernon, who is playing RB, running across the field into a LW position.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  I posted this in jest yesterday hoping to generate some discussions, but my wit was lost on y'all. The point that I was trying to make, "wittingly", was that formations are overrated in today's game. At one stage of the game, I saw young boy Vernon, who is playing RB, running across the field into a LW position.
                  that move by Vernan was silly. they promptlylost the ball and against a half decent team they would have paid for that silly move!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well, i must say it was was a rather "unwitting" post ... something about a battle of the wits with an unarmed man .... or something like that ..

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      well, i must say it was was a rather "unwitting" post ... something about a battle of the wits with an unarmed man .... or something like that ..
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

you misunderstanding what I am saying still....simple question is if I replace Luton Shelton and insert Ian Goodison for argument sake....your logic is saying that the team will not play any different and that is just flat out wrong in my opinion....perfect example is yesterday's game if Jamaica was playing a 4-4-2 then you would not have seen the 100 through passes into space that the 3 forwards had....is not an old school vs new school or TEAM debate it is simple strategy and playing to the strength of your formations....if that wasn't the case then we wouldn't have the term "formation". The concept of "total football" is completely different.

Comment

you misunderstanding what I am saying still....simple question is if I replace Luton Shelton and insert Ian Goodison for argument sake....your logic is saying that the team will not play any different and that is just flat out wrong in my opinion....perfect example is yesterday's game if Jamaica was playing a 4-4-2 then you would not have seen the 100 through passes into space that the 3 forwards had....is not an old school vs new school or TEAM debate it is simple strategy and playing to the strength of your formations....if that wasn't the case then we wouldn't have the term "formation". The concept of "total football" is completely different.

Bad choices - Pepe is over the hill and Luton is a selfish (in terms of playing football - stupid player).

...but let us say you speak of 2 excellent footballers - Yes! ...even if you were stupid enough to replace a player who has spent all his life playing forward - now 'condition' to the role and replaced that player with a player 'conditioned to the role of defender...there should be no problem as being sensible players on a team with other sensible players the TEAM as a unit would adjust (possible some rotation) and have the unit passing and moving such that strength is balanced.

Look as concept and aim goes - you need 11 players (Yes, goalkeeper included) who are top class at 'speed across ground', 'fast of mind, 'have fast feet', technically brilliant, tactically brilliant, and who at all times play with controlled aggression and discipline...wonderful athletes - e.g. good jumping ability, great flexibility...etc., etc...then the game those 2 TEAM play would be a beau as far as athletic ability and intelligence is concerned...but it could be boring on another level - as it would be near perfect and after each 'kick-off' there would be perfect play and often it would end in a stalemate.

So what does each fan wish?
                          That it is his TEAM that is in possession of that perfection...and therefore he wishes his team to have coach and players who work only for producing that perfection - that TEAM!

Today the nearest we have to that is Barcelona at club level and at international level - Brazil, Germany, Spain.

For us it should be that we wish TAPPA to ape those TEAMs. There is in such our TEAM no place for the selfish player. We must have on the field at all times selfless players - It must be TEAM 1st, 2nd, 3rd...to infinity!

We do not have a player in Messi's class...so we have no time to waste when we play the minnows such as Grenada to have say a Shelton getting into...practising and putting as example for for the rest of the squad 'bruckin' and losing the ball'.

Yes, playing the 2nd form Grenada he will get away with it and pump up his goalscoring to minutes ratio...but what is the point if it makes having that 'perfection' harder to seep in as conditioned reflex in self and our TEAM (each other player and TEAM as unit). What is the point of such a distraction...or what is the point of taking us away from aim of being top world TEAM...or what is the point of working at making our task harder and making us take longer to get to the Barcelona...or Brazil or Germany or Spain type play?

Why work against ourselves?

Please go to your FSC channel and watch the 'old boys' play the 2nd half of their game. Passing and moving and rotating around each other is the name of the GAME...the formation is unimportant ...it being where needed when needed that is the name of the game - TEAM! GLORIOUS TEAM!

Formations are unimportant - once you have the unselfish technically and tactically competent players...all working for TEAM 1st, 2nd, 3rd to...the nth degree...all other things just naturally fall in place. Hey would it not be silly to stick to 'your position' and allow the opponents to gain or retain possesion or score goals?
                          Last edited by Karl; June 7, 2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Key words in your arguement is "every fan wish"....we all wish our team had 10 great all round players...but this is not a perfect world...trust me I agree with your concept but we don't have a bag of Barcas playing in the world so coaches have to earn their money and play to the strength of their team...but I am not a supporter of the rigid football system...is Brazil is my side from day 1

Comment

Working...
                            X