i agree 100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i agree 100%

with bobby mcmahan's assessment and opinion on the whole FIFA scandal and his recommendations.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

a summary pls? just main pt(s)...didn't see nor hear it.. thx.
    Peter R

Comment

Here's the link:
      http://www.soccerreportextra.com/author/bobbymcmahon/
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Gamma, there are two separate (imho) topics that his article touches on. The first is the English (and their FA) and the ineffectiveness of (and motivations behind) their actions. The second is the need for reform in MAFIFA.

Bobby McMahon summarizes the position on the English (media and FA) in a coherent and straight forward a manner. As I've said before, there is a mountain of past and present behaviours of English corruption in the game to write a book, so I don't defend them and have no issue with his position relative to the bungling FA.

The issue of MAFIFA reform and the manner in which it is to happen is the aspect of the article I would debate. He says his suggestions will change MAFIFA in the long run, but he completely disregards the short term issues and how their resolution will affect the long term platform he speaks of. With 8 of 24 members of the exco under investigation, how is this consensus around a platform to happen? By Sepp's decree?

As I interpret them, I also don't see how Bobby's suggested reforms will address a broad enough spectrum of corruption. While the suggestions assume that open books and a broader bidding process address the WC awards, they ignore other existing and potential forms of corruption.

For example, what about the manner in which funds are allocated for "run of the mill" projects? Or how the funds are used once dispensed to local FA's? Sepp was allowed to give $1M of MAFIFA money to the same CFU that was not allowed to keep MBH money. While I guess this is okay - it was in the middle of an election!!

Bobby's reform strategy doesn't address the bidding process adequately either, as Sepp has said that the entire congress will vote on the WC bids, but only the ones from a "short list" screened by the exco. So the list could have been "Russia, Qatar"...done. We have already seen that Sepp has no shame when it comes to ballot forms that have limited options.

My point is that reform will require a far broader and deeper set of guidelines than the simplistic ones set forth by Bobby Macmahon and have to include some form of aligned tactics for overcoming the short term crisis in the context of a longer term strategy. Personally, I don't think that reform will ever come a) under Sepp and b) without external oversight. They have lost too much credibility to convince me otherwise.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

sounds reasonable...i don't think we've been saying much different in terms of FIFA reforms...somehow the criticism such as it has been from certain perspectives are perceived as support for the FA... while their criticism may have been disingenuous the message gets garbled because of who the messenger is.
          Last edited by Peter R; June 4, 2011, 03:53 PM.
          Peter R

Comment

Here is a summary of Jack's rise to FIFA power... he vows that he will be vindicated by emails he will reveal tomorrow. see the second article.

http://guardian.co.tt/news/2011/06/0...ise-power-fifa

http://guardian.co.tt/news/2011/06/0...-will-clear-me
            Peter R

Comment

Reform will come in the form of greater discipline by "The Family" to be "legit" with use of "gifts"...i.e. the same-ooooh-same-oooh.

FIFA is awash in billions of Euros...and those who run the show have in the past and presently find ways to dole out the "gifts".

Who thinks the money rolling in will not keep rolling in ever greater increasing sums to what is the sport in which as sports go is, the greatest show on Earth?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X