• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another CFU association has its administrators questioned -

Waiting game in Grenada

Published: Friday | June 3, 2011

ST GEORGE'S, Grenada (CMC):
    A former executive member of the Grenada Football Association has called upon the current administration to state publicly whether or not it received any of the alleged bribe money during a recent Caribbean Football Union meeting in Trinidad.

Carl Phillip, who served under the previous GFA administration led by Ashley 'Ram' Folkes, has challenged the GFA hierarchy to give cogent proof that they either did, or did not accept an alleged US$40,000 to influence the outcome of Wednesday's FIFA presidential vote.

"Well, I am just waiting to hear what the GFA has to say," said Phillip. "I am waiting. They have been very vocal in the past.

"I want them to let the Grenadian people know if they stood up and didn't take the (money), or come clean and apologise and do the correct thing. Give back the money and demit office. Don't wait to be kicked out. Demit office."

meeting
    The bribery scandal has exploded into onto the international stage, after it was alleged that Jack Warner, the CFU president, and former FIFA presidential candidate Mohammed bin Hammam made the offer to CFU member associations at the specially convened meeting in Trinidad last month.

Warner, the CFU president, and Bin Hammam, the president of the Asian Football Confederation, have been provisionally suspended from all connections with the game, pending a FIFA Ethics Committee investigation.
    GFA President Chenny Joseph, general secretary Victor Daniel, and head of the finance committee Wayne Joseph attended the Trinidad meeting, but they are currently in Zurich attending the FIFA Congress that elected Sepp Blatter as president for a fourth term.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Eddie had all right to implicate Burrell ? my questions is why didnt our media ask Burrell ?

Others heads of CFU should be questioned.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

old news....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Post areadi?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

the allegations ..... been going on for awhile if i recall correctly ..

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

...and that's a fact!

Comment

Working...
            X