Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Blazer fired???

Acting CONCACAF president says he is firing Blazer

Lisle Austin says Blazer's conduct was "inexcusable and a gross misconduct of duty and judgment," and the American is no longer fit to be CONCACAF's secretary general. But it wasn't immediately clear whether Austin has the authority to remove Blazer, also a member of FIFA's executive committee.
    A person who answered the phone in Blazer's hotel room early Wednesday said Blazer was "dealing with business" and could not comment.
    Blazer accused longtime CONCACAF president Jack Warner and Mohamed bin Hammam of bribery in Wednesday's FIFA presidential election. Warner and bin Hammam have been provisionally suspended.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Report: Chuck Blazer Fired By CONCACAF
    As pointed out in the comments by Commenter Ryan, Paul Kelso of the Telegraph is reporting that CONCACAF General Secretary Chuck Blazer has been fired by Interim President Lisle Austin. No word on whether this was done by fiat or if done according to the CONCACAF statutes (Article 28.c PDF Warning), which require the Executive Committee to appoint and presumably fire the General Secretary.

So, maybe Chuck Blazer has been fired by the organization that he reported several members were involved in a bribery and corruption scandal, maybe he wasn’t. Regardless, it does not speak well of an organization that treats whistle blowers in this manner and perhaps indicates CONCACAF will try to sweep this under the rug. The hand of Jack Warner still reaches far.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Burrell a walk far and keep his head outa it. Him must a position himself down the center.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Seems like Austin got a bit too big for his britches. Firing Denied!

UNAUTHORIZED ACTION TAKEN VERSUS CONCACAF GENERAL SECRETARY; BLAZER CONTINUES AS CONCACAF GENERAL SECRETARY
        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

I think the Gold Cup should be cancelled.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yuh nuh have fi watch it.
            Mi want see Jack, Chuck and all a dem pon the halfline after the game or maybe we can make it the halftime show.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              Acting CONCACAF president says he is firing Blazer

Lisle Austin says Blazer's conduct was "inexcusable and a gross misconduct of duty and judgment," and the American is no longer fit to be CONCACAF's secretary general. But it wasn't immediately clear whether Austin has the authority to remove Blazer, also a member of FIFA's executive committee.
              A person who answered the phone in Blazer's hotel room early Wednesday said Blazer was "dealing with business" and could not comment.
              Blazer accused longtime CONCACAF president Jack Warner and Mohamed bin Hammam of bribery in Wednesday's FIFA presidential election. Warner and bin Hammam have been provisionally suspended.
              I do not know what the CONCACAF regulations state...and in my ignorance I would still think that Lisle or president or acting president of CONCACAF would need either an Executive Committee or Congress (Special or Extra-Ordinary) to go that far.

...but it all comes down to the politics of the CFU's power (voting as block) its importance to the US or the Central American countries to keep the CFU block of votes on their side. Any way it goes I would think as football goes, Blazer is dead.

This cass-cass...i.e. Blatter, etc...I am expecting to lead to great changes in FIFA. I am expecting a realignment of power bases. It could be the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF and COMMEBOL lining up against the European countries. Blatter I think may last...but only if he then becomes a complete puppet of the block that comes out 'winnahs'. Further, I am expecting that in short order he shall be kicked to the curp.

"Jack" may come out of this one of 2 ways - out as Blatter when he realises how the wind blows dives in the gutter and drags "Jack" down with him...or Blatter tries to preserve his name and leave a legacy and bows to "Jack" making "Jack" even more powerful than he was before.

NB: I am thinking that every move Lisle and the CFU makes it is "Jack" pulling gthe strings.

There is no middle ground for "Jack" i.e. returning with reduced powers. It is either out or with even greater powers.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Acting CONCACAF president fires Blazer

Acting CONCACAF president fires Blazer

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) — The acting president of CONCACAF said yesterday he has fired Chuck Blazer, whose bribery allegations touched off the corruption scandal that has shaken FIFA to its core.

Hours before the FIFA presidential election, Lisle Austin accused Blazer of "a gross misconduct of duty and of judgment," and said the American was no longer fit to be CONCACAF's secretary general.

Austin's letter, sent to Blazer's hotel, was written on CONCACAF stationary, and FIFA president Sepp Blatter and FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke were copied in.

It wasn't immediately clear whether Austin has the authority to remove Blazer, who is also a member of FIFA's executive committee. The man who answered the phone in Blazer's hotel room said Blazer was "dealing with business" and could not comment.

John P Collins, the former US prosecutor who investigated the bribery allegations on Blazer's behalf, said when reached on his cell phone that he could not talk.

Blazer accused Jack Warner, the longtime CONCACAF president and a FIFA vice-president, and Mohamed bin Hammam of giving Caribbean football leaders $40,000 each in exchange for their votes in the presidential election. Bin Hammam, a Qatari who leads Asia's football confederation, had been Sepp Blatter's only challenger.

Warner and bin Hammam have been temporarily suspended, and now face a full FIFA inquiry. If found guilty, they could be expelled from FIFA and banned from all football activity.

In his letter, Austin said Blazer "grossly insulted and defamed" all of CONCACAF's Caribbean members by saying each was under investigation for bribery. He also said Blazer did not have the authority to hire Collins, and that a decision to investigate federation members could only have been made by CONCACAF's executive committee.

Blazer's termination is effective immediately, Austin said, and
                he ordered Blazer to appear at the CONCACAF offices on Monday to turn over his computer and any "records, contracts, other books" related to CONCACAF business.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1O21NYqNc
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

a temporary reprieve .... a whole heap a lobbying taking place right now! more anon because this is not done yet!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

These guys must be some real idiots. How could he fire the man without knowing if he had the authority to do so? These officers, do they not know what it takes to remove someone from their position as in this case? Such ineptitude, no wonder CONCACAF is in such a state.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

the hits keep racking up!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland?cc=3888

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                        I would be shocked if Blazer is not "dead man walking". The display, right or wrong, of stabbing "Jack" in the back means he would do it again as it suits him so even if "Jack" goes the next presi could not trust him.

I also expect that that move by him shall result in any hope of a US person holding the CONCACAF President's office for some time...being further in the future.
                        Last edited by Karl; June 2, 2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

"But with the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left."

HUH?!!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Some man carry feelings fi a long, long time.

Comment

Austin is clearly acting as Jack's puppet here. I wonder what kind of favors he's getting in return.
                              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                              - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                              X