Qatar DID buy the World Cup! Suspended Warner accuses FIFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qatar DID buy the World Cup! Suspended Warner accuses FIFA

Qatar DID buy the World Cup! Suspended Warner accuses FIFA as Blatter faces music

By Sportsmail Reporter
    Last updated at 4:26 PM on 30th May 2011

FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke has dramatically confirmed that an email he sent suggesting the 2022 World Cup was 'bought' was genuine.
    The email was made public by banned FIFA vice-president Jack Warner as Sepp Blatter prepares to face the media later today.

Under-fire: Blatter is set to face the world's media at 5pm on Monday with FIFA in crisis

Valcke, according to Warner's statement, sent an email to him about Mohamed Bin Hammam 'buying' the 2022 World Cup for his country.
    Bin Hammam was then standing against Blatter for president - but he has also been banned by the ethics committee on bribery charges. However, he has announced his intention to appeal against his suspension.

According to Warner, the email from Valcke to him stated: 'For MBH, I never understood why he was running.

'If really he thought he had a chance or just being an extreme way to express how much he does not like anymore JSB [Blatter]. Or he thought you can buy FIFA as they bought the WC.'

Responding to the claims, Bin Hammam told BBC Sport: 'You would have to ask Jerome Valcke what he was thinking. I don't know why he has said that.

Crisis: Warner has levelled fresh allegations against FIFA, bringing to light an email sent by Valcke (right) that suggests Qatar 'bought' the 2022 World Cup

'If I was paying money for Qatar you also have to ask the 13 people who voted for Qatar. Asked whether Valcke's allegation was true he dismissed it, saying: 'What do you think?'

Valcke said in Zurich today: 'It was a private email and we will discuss it. He sent me an email asking if I want that [Bin Hammam to run], he said that I should ask Bin Hammam to pull out.'

Valcke said Warner had only published selected parts of the email, and he denied claims by Warner and Bin Hammam that he had influenced the ethics committee against them.

Accused: Suspended FIFA chief Bin Hammam

He added: 'The first time I met the chairman of the ethics committee was yesterday at 5 'o' clock before we went to the press conference. I had no contact at all with anyone.'

Meanwhile, UEFA president Michel Platini defended Blatter against other claims by Warner that he had made a 1million US dollar payment to the CONCACAF federation without authorisation of the finance committee.

Warner had claimed Platini was 'annoyed' about this but the UEFA president said: 'It's not like that, it was a joke with me and Mr Blatter.

'He can give the projects that he wants to give. I joke, I said "but Sepp this was not accepted by the committee" - but he can give many projects to many national associations and we will confirm in the GOAL project after.'
    Blatter, who is poised to run unopposed for a fourth time on Wednesday will face the world's press at 5pm.

An ethics committee provisionally suspended vice-presidents Bin Hammam and Warner over serious corruption allegations but cleared Blatter of any wrongdoing, allowing him to go forward to the FIFA Congress ballot.

The only obstacle to the most inappropriate coronation in FIFA history is the highly unlikely event of three-quarters of the 208 delegates from around the globe deciding the election should not go ahead.

Bin Hammam, who withdrew his challenge on Saturday night, has been banned from all football activity pending a full investigation into the charges from his FIFA ExCo colleague Chuck Blazer that Caribbean Football Union officials received 40,000 dollars in bundles of cash for votes at a Trinidad meeting organised by the Asian Football chief and CONCACAF boss Warner.

Warner, the arch rogue in the FIFA gallery who had previously swerved numerous accusations of wrongdoing, has also been given the same suspended sentence.

And FIFA will bring forensic investigators to aid their extended ethics committee probe before a full-scale hearing expected in July, the outcome of which may decide whether the United States then launch an appeal over Bin Hammam's Qatar being awarded the 2022 World Cup, a decision still embroiled in further bribery and corruption allegations.

Qatar released a statement denying any wrongdoing. It read: 'Qatar 2022 categorically deny any wrong doing in connection with their winning bid.

'We are urgently seeking clarification from FIFA about the statement from their General Secretary.

'In the meantime we are taking legal advice to consider our options.'

Last edited by Karl; May 30, 2011, 07:00 PM.

Spill it, Jack, spill di whole flipping beans!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

is this good for jamaica? I dont think anything that throws jack under the bus is a good thing for us..

Comment

I don't think so either. More than likely the US or Mexico a go run the region and England and others a go want a bigger role. If England, America or Australia did get a world cup everything would have been the same way.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hmmm, wonder if our president get US$40,000 too? If he did him better make sure him walk with him cheque book like the Puerto Rican delegate did and give back the money.

Jack should never have gone against the US WC bid, him get too big for his britches and forget that it was US and Chuck Blazer who put him up there as a puppet to stop the Mexicans from continuing to run things in CONCACAF.

Think about it, why all the General Secretaries and assistants are all Americans- at least the ones with the real power
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

LOL I am not surprised they did. They have been known to even buy their players.

Comment

What a lot of serious joke?

...as I have been saying here ad infinitum...quid pro quo is a way of life in FIFA.

"Jack" is just saying, seit yah!
              He has promised a tsunami...so are there real waves to come?
              Last edited by Karl; May 31, 2011, 03:38 AM.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

If Jack is going down then he must spill the beans!
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

God's in control

Originally posted by 1of1 View Post
                  Qatar DID buy the World Cup! Suspended Warner accuses FIFA as Blatter faces music

By Sportsmail Reporter
                  Last updated at 4:26 PM on 30th May 2011
                  FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke has dramatically confirmed that an email he sent suggesting the 2022 World Cup was 'bought' was genuine.
                  The email was made public by banned FIFA vice-president Jack Warner as Sepp Blatter prepares to face the media later today.

Under-fire: Blatter is set to face the world's media at 5pm on Monday with FIFA in crisis

Valcke, according to Warner's statement, sent an email to him about Mohamed Bin Hammam 'buying' the 2022 World Cup for his country.
                  Bin Hammam was then standing against Blatter for president - but he has also been banned by the ethics committee on bribery charges. However, he has announced his intention to appeal against his suspension.

According to Warner, the email from Valcke to him stated: 'For MBH, I never understood why he was running.

'If really he thought he had a chance or just being an extreme way to express how much he does not like anymore JSB [Blatter]. Or he thought you can buy FIFA as they bought the WC.'

Responding to the claims, Bin Hammam told BBC Sport: 'You would have to ask Jerome Valcke what he was thinking. I don't know why he has said that.

Crisis: Warner has levelled fresh allegations against FIFA, bringing to light an email sent by Valcke (right) that suggests Qatar 'bought' the 2022 World Cup

'If I was paying money for Qatar you also have to ask the 13 people who voted for Qatar. Asked whether Valcke's allegation was true he dismissed it, saying: 'What do you think?'

Valcke said in Zurich today: 'It was a private email and we will discuss it. He sent me an email asking if I want that [Bin Hammam to run], he said that I should ask Bin Hammam to pull out.'

Valcke said Warner had only published selected parts of the email, and he denied claims by Warner and Bin Hammam that he had influenced the ethics committee against them.

Accused: Suspended FIFA chief Bin Hammam

He added: 'The first time I met the chairman of the ethics committee was yesterday at 5 'o' clock before we went to the press conference. I had no contact at all with anyone.'

Meanwhile, UEFA president Michel Platini defended Blatter against other claims by Warner that he had made a 1million US dollar payment to the CONCACAF federation without authorisation of the finance committee.

Warner had claimed Platini was 'annoyed' about this but the UEFA president said: 'It's not like that, it was a joke with me and Mr Blatter.

'He can give the projects that he wants to give. I joke, I said "but Sepp this was not accepted by the committee" - but he can give many projects to many national associations and we will confirm in the GOAL project after.'
                  Blatter, who is poised to run unopposed for a fourth time on Wednesday will face the world's press at 5pm.

An ethics committee provisionally suspended vice-presidents Bin Hammam and Warner over serious corruption allegations but cleared Blatter of any wrongdoing, allowing him to go forward to the FIFA Congress ballot.

The only obstacle to the most inappropriate coronation in FIFA history is the highly unlikely event of three-quarters of the 208 delegates from around the globe deciding the election should not go ahead.

Bin Hammam, who withdrew his challenge on Saturday night, has been banned from all football activity pending a full investigation into the charges from his FIFA ExCo colleague Chuck Blazer that Caribbean Football Union officials received 40,000 dollars in bundles of cash for votes at a Trinidad meeting organised by the Asian Football chief and CONCACAF boss Warner.

Warner, the arch rogue in the FIFA gallery who had previously swerved numerous accusations of wrongdoing, has also been given the same suspended sentence.

And FIFA will bring forensic investigators to aid their extended ethics committee probe before a full-scale hearing expected in July, the outcome of which may decide whether the United States then launch an appeal over Bin Hammam's Qatar being awarded the 2022 World Cup, a decision still embroiled in further bribery and corruption allegations.

Qatar released a statement denying any wrongdoing. It read: 'Qatar 2022 categorically deny any wrong doing in connection with their winning bid.

'We are urgently seeking clarification from FIFA about the statement from their General Secretary.

'In the meantime we are taking legal advice to consider our options.'

The bottom line is that those who think they have power in the end loose it and that includes anyone in the CFU and CONCACAF. We need to get rid of so called leaders who cheat their players, manipulate their countrie's football for thier person gain and power and those who lie in bed with each other destroying the game for their egos and do football destruction for their own gain and glory forsaking their country, thier MAKER and it's football development both for the players who give their all for their country (evewn thought they know they are being cheated) and the coaches who really want to do what is best for their country regardless of the leadership above them.

We are now seeing and will see more to come of those who believe they are not 'touchable' by the truth and morals, ethics and integrity. We have heard them for years and how they have no idea what it means to be men filled with integrity. I thank God for their ending to come in our geographical region. Maybe more of them will loose their jobs. They will one day face their Creator and they will not hear "we done faithful severant" and where they will go will not be a pleasant place for thier eternity beyond their life on this earth. This is the truth and may we know that the truth will always free us in the end.........

Paul Banta
                  GSm International

Comment

Pray for him

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                    Hmmm, wonder if our president get US$40,000 too? If he did him better make sure him walk with him cheque book like the Puerto Rican delegate did and give back the money.

Jack should never have gone against the US WC bid, him get too big for his britches and forget that it was US and Chuck Blazer who put him up there as a puppet to stop the Mexicans from continuing to run things in CONCACAF.

Think about it, why all the General Secretaries and assistants are all Americans- at least the ones with the real power
                    All of them need to give it back. It is blood money and it's Judus all over again taking blood money.

Comment

You guys must be living under a rock. SOONER or LATER the bubble had to burst! wake up and smell the coffee...
                      Peter R

Comment

I disagree, it is Warner who put Blazer there... who is bigger than the CFU in CONCACAF? Warner give Blazer and the others those positions to appease them... yuh tink him fool?... it is Warner by himself who broke the stranglehold on CONCACAF by the Mexicans and Central Americans by organizing the Caribbean islands according to FIFA's rules so that even likkle Montserrat couda pull as much weight as Mexico... it is just that it is all blowing up in his face now...if him a gu dung Blatter fi gu tuh!
                        Last edited by Peter R; May 30, 2011, 08:31 PM.
                        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                          If Jack is going down then he must spill the beans!
                          It all depends on whether Jack wants money more than he wants to clear his name. I can imagine that he is now being visited by some men in darkers saying, "Yow Jack, don' worry, US$50K/month from now until life in fi u bank account...just keep u mout' shut...seen?"
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                          X