Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ballas On Da Block

highGATE!!!!!

Highgate FC are heading toward the DPL. Hope they make it...especially seeing that St Georges FC have been relegated. Some of the senior players from Georges may be able to transfer to Highgate FC in order to continue playing top-flight ball without having to relocate to a far-away team.

Seba also looking to re-enter the DPL. Cavaliers and Rivoli may have to try again. That's the better scenario though, as this would help to spread the ball islandwide instead of all the teams concentrated within the Kingston-St Catherine areas.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Funny cause mi know Highgate as no ball town but good luck to them. More ball yes.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Maybe they recruited outside ballas to represent! I see that Roen Nelson is one of their Star Balla.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Highgate has picked up a bunch of done ballas like Roen Nelson and if they do advances as they should they will need a wholsesale remake, just like Seba who does not have one single player of Premier league calibre.

None of the four teams I have seen in the play offs could last one round in the DPL, worst crop of Confed winners i have seen in a long time.

Seba will still struggle even if they get back all their players including the ones at Village and Morris and Ottey from Portmore and obviously the St George's playuers dod not have what it takes to survive so all they would be doing is adding to the mediocrity at Highgate.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

What I would like to see -and this would have to get the blessings of the JFF and the PLCA - is a clause/permit which allows teams to bring in up to three overseas players into the team. That would require some serious marketing where corporations may have to be asked to sponsor an international player. The league also would have to improve security and make the events family friendly etc.

That said, can the DPL really afford that many teams without compromising the quality of the player pool?

Comment

Security is not a problem at any game here boss, dont know what you heard..as for family friendly, it depends on what kind of fmaily we talking about-LOL.

my only problem at most venues is the type of music they choose to play and the decibels they need to do it at as well and post game interviews can be very difficult

We have had many overseas based players here from long time, as far bas as when Violet kickers and Whitehorses were in the elague
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Well I am aware of our history of international players in our premier league, and I go as far back as the original PMU with Leonson Lewis and Russell Latapy. But in today's financial climate I think most teams in the DPL might find it rough to sustain a local team, much less to bring one or two international players. Hence, my suggestion of soliciting a corporation to underwrite the cost of the international player(s).

I really haven't been to a local premier league game in about 5 years but the the last one I went to at Prison Oval was a little tense. That said, I trust your view that "security is not a problem at any game."

The question though is: if the quality of players in the four teams (Cavaliers, Highgate, Rivoli and Seba) is that low, how will the two promoted teams find players to compete in the DPL?

Comment

Re the last part of your post, they will do what all the other promoted teams do every year, recycle old and aging players, some well past their sell by date and you can bet Nelson wll be on the Highgate roster come kick off 2011-12.

Saw him vs Seba and he did not touch the ball six times and missed a sitter form point blank range-- wonder how much a player of his ability but background can get now?
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                X