JFF need something like this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF need something like this...

Maybe it is on Gama's list. For those of you into coaching, this US Soccer Curriculum is a neat and simple blue print for player development. JFF should jus' tief it an' done. Note that it is a big file, so it might take some time to load.

http://resources.ussoccer.com/n7v8b8...Curriculum.pdf
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

I downloaded this a few weeks back but haven't had time to go through it... looks like a blueprint that could be tweaked to suit but as you say it's ready to use.
    Peter R

Comment

nice work!!!

Comment

Let us send it to the Captain!
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
          Maybe it is on Gama's list. For those of you into coaching, this US Soccer Curriculum is a neat and simple blue print for player development. JFF should jus' tief it an' done. Note that it is a big file, so it might take some time to load.

http://resources.ussoccer.com/n7v8b8...Curriculum.pdf
          A good posting.

It's been sent to them. It's a very good change for the USA and over due,but Jamaica needs a development program from Youth (6-12 and up to senior players) of their own developed from other countries that meets the Jamaica male and female players. Who will write and then deliver such a program?

Comment

Originally posted by Pbanta View Post
            A good posting.

It's been sent to them. It's a very good change for the USA and over due,but Jamaica needs a development program from Youth (6-12 and up to senior players) of their own developed from other countries that meets the Jamaica male and female players. Who will write and then deliver such a program?
            Pbanta, my daughter is 11. She is trying out next week for 4 different travel clubs in Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale area) for next year. She played with one of them this past year, but I was not happy with the program. Anyway, there are probably about 15 clubs (if not more) within 30-40 minute drive from my house that she could tryout for.

Last week, we went to an open house at one club which has the use of a local university's facilities: locker room, fields, equipment, video room, fitness equipment, sports psychologist, strength coach and more. If my daughter makes that squad, her coach will be a former Norwich City player (less than 5 games before he decided to go to University instead) who came through the Arsenal youth system.

I can almost guarantee you that these 11 year old girls will have more facilities than any of our national teams. And that is only one team. The other 3 that she's trying out for have different strengths that are just as impressive.

With this being what we're up against in Jamaica, how do we stand a chance?
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

"Merica nuh know nutting bout football"

Last time I spoke to someone within the JFF staff, I mention the ODP program, they didn't know what it was but they went and took a look at it.

There is hope. The PLCA meeting with their American A league conterpart so hopefully between that and the Brazillian input they can come up with a developmental system.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Paul one of the major setback in Ja is the parent support for their kids. You see the interest you put in? Most parents don't even go and watch a game that the kid go. They see it as a waste of time.

Here in America it is different. The parents are there, take active part and know that there is a overall development plan. I think that is more important than money, look at players like Tyrone Marshall, Andy Williams, Jermaine Hue, Worde Harris etc. and you will see the importance of parent support.

Big up to your 11 year old and wish her luck on her tryouts.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hey Paul, I alluded to your point in the cut and paste below (some time ago).

HL I thought about you on Saturday... March 28th, 2011, 12:50 PM.
                  Assasin Actually I must have been coaching... March 28th, 2011, 12:59 PM.
                  MdmeX My nephew is 5 and plays Soccer... March 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM.
                  HL They start them as soon as that... March 28th, 2011, 01:18 PM.
                  Tilla A big part of the problem though... March 28th, 2011, 02:38 PM.
                  HL Good eye Tilla !!! March 28th, 2011, 02:55 PM.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    Paul one of the major setback in Ja is the parent support for their kids. You see the interest you put in? Most parents don't even go and watch a game that the kid go. They see it as a waste of time.

Here in America it is different. The parents are there, take active part and know that there is a overall development plan. I think that is more important than money, look at players like Tyrone Marshall, Andy Williams, Jermaine Hue, Worde Harris etc. and you will see the importance of parent support.

Big up to your 11 year old and wish her luck on her tryouts.
                    Thanks on the well wishes Sass. Knock wood, she should make all of them, but it is so funny you mention parental involvement because the reason she is trying out at 4 clubs is I]because parents are not allowed at practice[/I] at the club she really wanted to play for (the one with all the university facilities).

What happened is that she and I had a system last year where I would go to her practices and listen to what the coaches were teaching. When we came home, we would repeat the practice in the back yard. It worked well and was enjoyable for both of us. So when I told her that I would not be able to do that any more if she went to that team, she got vex, and asked to try out at some other clubs.

While most American parents are not doing what I do, I can tell you they put a TON of time into their kids, especially in the travel programs. There is one kid on my daughter's team from last year - nuff skill - her father can't kick a ball to save him life, but he has spent every spare second supporting her progress. There is no question that kind of support is invaluable and has been a huge part of her development.

But fear not, Peter R is bringing his 10 year old son to Barcelona camp here in Florida this summer, so not all parents in the Caribbean don't show interest. Peter just has to make sure that his son plays ball for Jamaica and don't dis us by playing for TNT.

Comment

HL - you know the joke is that not only do people in Jamaica not realize how incredibly deep the US football scene is but the same is true of Europeans.

I have a very good English friend who manages an ex professional who played for two premier league teams and has a few caps for England. The ex-player recently stepped into management and has had a tough go, floundering with a Blue Square Premier league team and some even lower league teams without success.

Anyway, around this time last year, my bredrin called me as he knew that one of my friends from high school in Canada owns a PDL team asking for an introduction as the ex-player was open to moving to the US. In the conversation, he says to me "What about the MLS (as a management option for his client)? It can't be too hard to get into management there can it?" I nearly dropped down dead laughing after him.

About one month later, US drew England in the World Cup, a game he predicted England would win 3-0.

His client is actually this week in Barbados along with 75 ex English professionals and still out of work. I am not sure what the reunion is about, but one of you all might know.

Anyway, it is not inconceivable for the USA to be a World Cup finalist in my (and Karl's ) life time and certainly, they could win a world cup in the next 20-50 years. But of course, to some, those of us who think this way are mad. Football's "old guard" is completely oblivious to how deep the US resource pool is...and worse, America hasn't even tapped into inner city talent as yet. The world is in for a rude awakening when black inner city kids see football as a viable alternative to traditional American sports. That might take another generation, but it will come.

Still, wid all a dat...me nah cheer fi dem! Brazil-4-Ever!!!

Comment

As to your last sentence Paul...I am not worried at all. You will be an easy US convert. Just wait till your daughter run out (with the rest of the team) in the USA colors....
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                          Pbanta, my daughter is 11. She is trying out next week for 4 different travel clubs in Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale area) for next year. She played with one of them this past year, but I was not happy with the program. Anyway, there are probably about 15 clubs (if not more) within 30-40 minute drive from my house that she could tryout for.

Last week, we went to an open house at one club which has the use of a local university's facilities: locker room, fields, equipment, video room, fitness equipment, sports psychologist, strength coach and more. If my daughter makes that squad, her coach will be a former Norwich City player (less than 5 games before he decided to go to University instead) who came through the Arsenal youth system.

I can almost guarantee you that these 11 year old girls will have more facilities than any of our national teams. And that is only one team. The other 3 that she's trying out for have different strengths that are just as impressive.

With this being what we're up against in Jamaica, how do we stand a chance?

--------------------------------------------------
                          Normally I would not go this far in an open forum but you deveserve an answer and one that we all knnow is the truth.

We don't ever stand a chance in Jamaica for there is no vision for the future of the youth player, no development that can be pasted from one group of JFF leaders to the next and frankly the country will loose BIG. It's beyond prayer.

I've been an a positive and honest coach for years and I can honestly say that many in Jamaica cry daily (real tears) for the real game to be developed the real way. Each day we read of the band aides being put on the wounds. Two years ago I had open heart surgery, no more band aides. I got the real works that work. We need open heart surgery in the Land we Love. May God bless them...........

Paul Banta

Comment

Funny you talk bout England because on my last visit, I kept looking to see youth soccer teams playing and there was only a few. My Kids have been introduced to the game at 3 and could have been at a younger age and only one of their cousin 6 or under have been introduced to the game in a team manner, not even miy bredda-in-law who played some low level Sunday league.

Comment

Unfortunately, many West Indians are living in the past, the distant past. I went to a football match the other day between my 17yr old (in less than 2 weeks) son's HS and a rival school. I was with a Canadian friend (who happens to have a sports background and is involved in physical education) who shouted some advice to a player on my son's team...an opposing player shouted back at him...stick to american football... well I just shook my head at the ignorance. And we wonder why America (the kid probably doesn't as he has inherited his stereotyping ignorance from somewhere) keeps kicking our Caribbean hindquarters when there is this kind of perception... "yankee? dem nuh know nutten bout ball!" well, the evidence is there for those who want to see it.
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X