Gold Cup squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
      I think the Pepe and Tyrone addition is a mistake. the Gold cup while important is short term goal.. We need to find the next players for the next wc campaign. If we think we cant win without those two very good veterans then we are looking at fools gold.
      Since the last 2 games against Venezula and El Salvador we let in four goals. So bearing that in mind: who would you select since Pepe and Marshall were not called out of retirement.

Comment

I dont think you look at it that way. Who are the next central defenders. Is it shavar or Dicoy ? it really dont matter who it is I know it not going to pepe and Granny marshall for the wcq.. So to look at what I am giving up I need to develop the next central defenders. They are also playing a 3-4-3 which makes playing 2 aging centrals interesting. Maybe its for the transfer of knowledge and I wont be quick to criticize but I would rather loose now than later

Comment

They maybe helpful in the squad but I am not looking for more than one a dem on the field at any given time. At this stage they should be insurance policy.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

at this stage they should be cheering from the sidelines... in expensive suits.

Comment

I don't think that is correct. Check that info again. Wasn't he a bench player whose mark in WC'82, was entering the Brazil game as a reserve, and getting a red card for stomping a Brazilian player, in the groin, a few minutes later.

Comment

Let's hope Tappa answers your doubts here:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...-Tappa_8896050

Comment

The question is not answered. The players we have need to get their chance at exposure. Shavar is 30 this year, Jermain Taylor is 26, so too is Adrian Reid and Dicoy is 24. These guys are not young by any stretch of the imagination.

Our football is in real crisis if when we have to be resurrecting the careers of these old feet to try to compete with other national sides. I can't see how denying our players real hands-on experience in real competition benefits us in terms of development. I also do not see how playing in League 1 actually prepares you for competition against teams with players playing in higher leagues for their respective clubs. I can see if Goodison was holding down a spot in a Premier League team or even a Championship team. Tyrone Marshall, while I had a lot of respect for him as a player, he has lost quite a few steps and is not even a regular starter for his team. But then, I take it Tappa knows best.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    The question is not answered. The players we have need to get their chance at exposure. Shavar is 30 this year, Jermain Taylor is 26, so too is Adrian Reid and Dicoy is 24. These guys are not young by any stretch of the imagination.

Our football is in real crisis if when we have to be resurrecting the careers of these old feet to try to compete with other national sides. I can't see how denying our players real hands-on experience in real competition benefits us in terms of development. I also do not see how playing in League 1 actually prepares you for competition against teams with players playing in higher leagues for their respective clubs. I can see if Goodison was holding down a spot in a Premier League team or even a Championship team. Tyrone Marshall, while I had a lot of respect for him as a player, he has lost quite a few steps and is not even a regular starter for his team. But then, I take it Tappa knows best.
                    All we need for national teams is our best players at TEAM and teachers who can make that TEAM best it can be!

...and other thing is a waste.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I know I could depend on you for one of these generic responses.

Comment

Could someone explain why if we need veteran stability in defense the same does not apply to our midfield. People say don't pick Hue because.... but all the arguments in support of Pepe and Marshall could be applied to our midfield who based on my observation does not have a natural passer of the ball.

Comment

thank you! maestro mi seh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

For Whitmore, though, a long-time friend and playing partner, both veterans have more to offer to the present reggae Boyz setup, especially when he believes that enough central defenders are not coming through the system.

The above paragraph highlights the problem. If the players are not comming through you are only kicking he can down the road in using pepe and Tyrone... Its your job to develop those young central defenders. Who is going to do it.. boys town and santos? I don't agree with my balla perspective. I respect is POV but I cant say it jives. In other words he is saying Pepe and Tyrone is the best central D we have bar none.

Comment

Well then it might be dreadful for the Gold Cup!

However, for the World Cup Qualifications Tappa may have to draft Daniel Gordon (Frankfurt), reach for Nugsy Nosworthy (Sheffield United), forgive the transgressions of Damian Stewart (Queens Park Rangers??), take a second look at Demar Stewart (USL), and recall Claude Davis (Derby) to shore-up the central defense line.
                              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Hmm... Last time I run off my mouth about Pepe's age, this time I won't, looks like him related to Roger Mulla who was still a star at age 38 in the 1990 World Cup. All the best Pepe.
                                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X