No announcement yet.

Gold Cup squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you are supporting taking Omar Daley over the young Morgan then? What has Omar been doing lately?
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      That is bull butter is you ask me! Remember back in 1982, Argentina included a young Diego Maradonna in their World Cup squad. Although they did not play Diego in any of their games, the Argentines were forward thinking. They knew that they had a special talent on their hands and it was imperative to expose him at the highest level, even if he did not play one minute in their matches.
      Maradona started for Argentina in every game of that tournament.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

I think Whitmore should have given Marvin a chance, considering that he is a rapidly growing youth who performed well in the Digicel Cup.

Comment

I don't know what position they plan to use Daley for. He can play as a winger, wing back or in the middle. So that might be why he would pick him over Morgan.

I would like to see Morgan in the squad. Tappa had him during the Digicel Cup, so he would know better than me whether or not he fit into the best squad for the Gold Cup.

Comment

Jamaica's World Cup qualifiers starts late 2012. Isn't it possible that Tappa will use the young players for friendlies leading up to the WC qualifiers?

Comment

i wonder too but he isnt playing bad. take a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ezX8HgnYcw
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqxP9ZXHDi4

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                That is bull butter is you ask me! Remember back in 1982, Argentina included a young Diego Maradonna in their World Cup squad. Although they did not play Diego in any of their games, the Argentines were forward thinking. They knew that they had a special talent on their hands and it was imperative to expose him at the highest level, even if he did not play one minute in their matches.

You saw what the exposure did for their team in 1986?
                ..and who was better than him then?
                Those top nations pick their top players everytime. Young has nothing to do with the players ability. That ability is what it is - top notch! ...better than any other player they have.

Brazil had their Pele and others over the years. England their Bobby Charlton's etc. ...even today's young GUNNER midfielder. They are picked on merit. They deserve their places. This bly thing you wish on our team is unfair to the other players on the team, unfair to the better player displaced, unfair to our football and unfair to Jamaica...it is a nonsense policy to pick undeserving players and it matters not why. In the name of a mistaken notion on development is as awful as picking such for any other purpose.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Maradonna ?!

Ah wheh di..

Comment

I think you are right. Was it Brazil who took Ronaldo to the WC but did not play him during his first WC?
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Another fun and nice article giving the Reggae Boyz their props:

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com...call-ups/12704

http://www.concacaf.com/page/GoldCup....htmlthumbsup:
                      Last edited by Jamaica2099; May 25, 2011, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Bad comparison, Argentina had the luxury and depth to carry a player who may not have gotten the chance to play, we dont have that and Morgan may have a future but he has not even set the local premier league alight and cant get any overseas contracts, in short this is bigger than he is right now.
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

I think the Pepe and Tyrone addition is a mistake. the Gold cup while important is short term goal.. We need to find the next players for the next wc campaign. If we think we cant win without those two very good veterans then we are looking at fools gold.

Comment

Our football is and has always been about short term goals. We never look beyond the next competition.

Comment

agreed
                              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

By the way bredrin, you are mixing up 1982 with 1978! Remember, Maradona went to the 1982 World Cup as the best player in the world and as a result became a moving target which resulted in him being the most fouled player in the tournament! He was young, immature and acted out, thus, his failures that year. That's the reason he was made captain in 1986, and the rest is history!

Comment

Working...
                                X