X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenger: 'We are frustrated and disappointed'

Wenger: 'We are frustrated and disappointed'

Dear Arsenal Supporter,
    I thought it was an average game at Fulham and, in the end, a fourth place finish is disappointing because three weeks ago we were in a position to win the league.

We are frustrated and disappointed but we should not go overboard. We just have to rectify things in the areas that we need to improve.

We didn't lose third place on Sunday, we lost it last week. Facing a Champions League qualifier is less reassuring than being in the top three, of course, but we have given ourselves the chance to get into the group stage.

I think I am responsible for the results and I am very disappointed. The players have had an outstanding attitude. We have played 58 games but in the decisive moments, we have never had the whole team together. Cesc Fabregas and Robin van Persie, for example, have not played many games.

We will try to do the right thing this summer and we will try to buy the right players. The amount of money is not always linked with the quality of the player but if we find the right players we will spend the money.

Finally, I want to praise you our fans - you have been outstanding all season and gave us incredible support again at Fulham.

You are not happy, I am not happy, and we have to accept that. But we should not go overboard. Even if people say we have to spend money, we have to be realistic. We cannot buy players for £50 million and, even if we try to strengthen our team and spend money if needed, that is a fact.

The Manager's Email will return at the start of the 2011/12 season.
    Thanks for your support.

Arsène Wenger
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Fire him ra55!

No keep him there, as long as he is there them cant win no title
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

what a rhatid? ... wenger at arsenal is now like seaga and the jlp!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

First of all , you should be fiired from last year.

getting rid of Toure, Gallas , Adebayor was plain stupid .

Then you kept eejits like Bendtner, Arshavin and to a lesser extent Chamakh.

Wenger should not be allowed to stay on.

But darn, i would miss the only attractive football in the EPL.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Hey Sickko...(note the date)...

HL Arsene Wenger suit-case should be... July 25th, 2009, 03:08 PM.
          Assasin I will bet you on that. Nuff a the... July 25th, 2009, 03:55 PM.
          Assasin it is simple why Arsenal can't... July 25th, 2009, 07:46 PM.
          X Whats wrong with buying players... July 26th, 2009, 10:42 AM.
          Assasin Nothing nuh wrong with buying... July 26th, 2009, 01:11 PM.
          Dunny With a statement like that it's... July 26th, 2009, 04:47 AM.
          Sickko Ignorance of any subject has never... July 26th, 2009, 09:59 AM.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Exactly!!!!
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

How many instances worldwide in different sports when the manager was on the verge of being fired and then he put together a championship side and won the following year? There are numerous examples.... I give him one more year...
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Wenger is in a precarious position,he alluded to things not being bad as the fans believed when he was sure of finishing second..,well they didn't so...
                His best expectation was not good enough for Chelsea,and that is a problem for Arsenal.
                I do believe Wenger's role was redefined by Arsenal a few years ago,as to whether that will be his lifeline,we will just have to wait to see.
                The irony of course is Chelsea would be more than happy to have him.

Comment

Wegner could not survive at Chel$ki. A bredrin of mine echoed the same words made by Pep Guardiola, Wegner is under no expectations to win titles by the Arsenal board. He convinced them and the fans years ago about building a team, a new stadium, qualifying for the CL and spendiing as little money as possible. His emphasis was never on winning trophies. He overachieved with his saplings and raised the hopes of Arsenal fans. He has achieved what he set out to do after he let go the old guard. Now, the fans are starting to demand more. We will see just how serious he is with this summer's spending.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                    Wegner could not survive at Chel$ki. A bredrin of mine echoed the same words made by Pep Guardiola, Wegner is under no expectations to win titles by the Arsenal board. He convinced them and the fans years ago about building a team, a new stadium, qualifying for the CL and spendiing as little money as possible. His emphasis was never on winning trophies. He overachieved with his saplings and raised the hopes of Arsenal fans. He has achieved what he set out to do after he let go the old guard. Now, the fans are starting to demand more. We will see just how serious he is with this summer's spending.
                    For such an eedy-boo minnie me, it always amaze me how every now and again you mek sense. What happen, you copy an' paste dis from somewhere else?
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

a broken clock correct twice in a day.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

a broken clock correct twice in a day.
                        Yes...but how often is a clock with no hands right? Now you understand why I am amazed, as it defies logic and all laws of nature
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

My GUNNERS in the last several years is just like Jamaica...poised for take-off!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                            Yes...but how often is a clock with no hands right? Now you understand why I am amazed, as it defies logic and all laws of nature
                            The patients are running the asylum. I am digital man.....

Comment

The patients are running the asylum. I am digital man.....
                              Ahhh...now it mek sense, fi you digital clock don' have no battery!! LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X