• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beg & Borrow JFF policy dead ...Grange Slams Burrell

Now its beg , borrow and bully.

Grange Slams Burrell
    Published: Friday | May 20, 20110 Comments

Grange
    In a quick response to criticism from Jamaica Football Federation president, Captain Horace Burrell, Minister of Sports Olivia Grange last night compared the football boss' behaviour to that of a 'bully'.

Grange was responding to claims by Burrell that to date the federation has "not received a red cent" from the ministry to aid in the Under-17 team's preparations for the upcoming FIFA Under-17 World Cup.

Burrell's remarks were made yesterday at a press conference to announce Digicel's sponsorship to the tune of US$50,000 for a seven-day camp in Mexico for the youngsters.

bullying tactics

Minister Grange dismissed the Captain's claims and accused him of using bullying tactics.

"He (Captain) is being unfair ... if he says he has not received a red cent," Grange said. "He is grandstanding, he is shadow-boxing and he is trying to bully me through the media when it is absolutely unnecessary.

"As minister of sports I am not going to be ambushed. I am the minister of sports, meaning I am not just the minister of football, although I love it dearly," she added.

Captain had pointed out at the press conference that the federation still needed an additional US$43,000 to fund the team's preparation and participation in the World Cup, following Digicel's contribution.

Grange announced that the ministry will be offsetting the shortfall.

"He got some contribution from Digicel and I have asked the Sports Development Foundation to allocate another $2 million (Jamaican dollars) towards the programme, so their shortfall is now covered," Grange said.

- R.J.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I mean seriously these guys cant ask some High School or college students to set up an online site employ some locals to make JFF products and sell them online or through the resorts , fee for service commision ?

Boss dat nuh tek money , if dem spend $3000 us , dem might mek back $15,000 the 1st year and thats being modest.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

At last somebody stand up to Burrell and call him out other than Mo. LOL.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Dem wi offset di shortfall aftah Digicell come forwod wid di fuss part ah di money. Dem yah tings Govt shouldah front an center, before anybody else. An when tings guh good dem fuss run come fi share di spotlight

Comment

suh the bully tactics worked!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Juss leave the good Cap'n alone 'ssasin.

Jamaica seems to be a place...in order to get results...you have to be a bully. Nice guys come last.

Good job Cap'n Burrell.!!!
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

mi nuh have nothing against Burrell at all but it nuh matter who it is sometimes you have to stand up to them and deal with the case.

Burrell has his style and he gets result but it is not always right and when it is not right you don't need "yes men" that time.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

HL, what we hear is just half the story..it is time the JFF became self sustainable and stop begging for every thing...also they need to open their books to the public...every time we hear them begging.

The failed trip to Spain was the JFF's fault and no one else...I got it from a very good source that the JFF was told from January that of they qualified they would be given the training camp in Spain and they did not lift a straw until a few months ago they started bawling bout cant get no money... me agree with X-pectorant, Seaga for JFF president
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Well Sickko, y'all know I am partial when it comes to the good Cap'n.

Im might have his faults...but he gets the job done!

X-pectorant! ....love it!! (he's a very good sport though)
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Wait.. di Exchange rate drap ?

How much is US$43,000 in JMD ?

Comment

Burrell and the JFF sound like the people at my alma mater. Well versed i the culture of BEG, BEG, BEG
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                      X