Next seasons contenders for the Premier league title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next seasons contenders for the Premier league title

Way i see it you have the major contenders again being Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, with outsiders being Liverpool, and Tottenham.

Can see Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City especially spending big this summer with Tottenham and Man U also recruiting some one or two fresh faces.

This may well be Wengers last chance to deliver some silverware cause Arsenal fans are now turning against him and being too stubborn to spend money. Be interesting to see if he still keeps the wallet closed but even i now think he finally seeing the brittleness of his team and so will now look to spend.

Man City will be looking to add some big quality names to their squad since they've qualified for Champions league.

Chelsea should be looking to strengthen their squad especially if Drogba leaves.

Liverpool will have that new positive feel good factor going into the start of next season and there's talk they're looking at man like Young at Villa to bring to Anfield.

Tottenham if they want to at least qualify for Champions league football again must spend on a new forward, goal keeper, and another central quality defender, as well as keep Moderic.

Man U will need to spend on a new Goal Keeper, and are linked with Inter Milans Sneijder, Ashley Young, and Moderic.

Imo the title will go to the team that has to make the least amount of new signings/ changes to produce a settled team/squad that will immediately hit the Premiership road running, and without the need for players having to adjust or get use to the demands of Premiership football.

Also with the demands of those mid week Champions league/ Europa Cup football; having good quality players in depth will be a significant factor to determine who will eventually end-up the 2011-2012 season Premier league winners.

Originally posted by GazX View Post
    Way i see it you have the major contenders again being Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, with outsiders being Liverpool, and Tottenham.

Can see Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City especially spending big this summer with Tottenham and Man U also recruiting some one or two fresh faces.

This may well be Wengers last chance to deliver some silverware cause Arsenal fans are now turning against him and being too stubborn to spend money. Be interesting to see if he still keeps the wallet closed but even i now think he finally seeing the brittleness of his team and so will now look to spend.

Man City will be looking to add some big quality names to their squad since they've qualified for Champions league.

Chelsea should be looking to strengthen their squad especially if Drogba leaves.

Liverpool will have that new positive feel good factor going into the start of next season and there's talk they're looking at man like Young at Villa to bring to Anfield.

Tottenham if they want to at least qualify for Champions league football again must spend on a new forward, goal keeper, and another central quality defender, as well as keep Moderic.

Man U will need to spend on a new Goal Keeper, and are linked with Inter Milans Sneijder, Ashley Young, and Moderic.

Imo the title will go to the team that has to make the least amount of new signings/ changes to produce a settled team/squad that will immediately hit the Premiership road running, and without the need for players having to adjust or get use to the demands of Premiership football.

Also with the demands of those mid week Champions league/ Europa Cup football; having good quality players in depth will be a significant factor to determine who will eventually end-up the 2011-2012 season Premier league winners.
    I think your sound reasoning contradicts your predictions. Here's why I say this:

Prediction: major contenders again being Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, with outsiders being Liverpool, and Tottenham

Basis: The title will go to the team that has to make the least amount of new signings/ changes to produce a settled team/squad that will immediately hit the Premiership road running, and without the need for players having to adjust or get use to the demands of Premiership football.

Who fits that bill? Not Arsenal, not Chelsea, not Spurs, not Liverpool, only City and to a lesser extent, Manu** fit that bill (although if Rio is broken, them gwine have a tough time esp. with VDS potentially retiring). Anyway, I agree with you on your assessment, but disagree with who the major contenders are. In my opinion, it will be City and Manu**; the other teams have to bring too much new talent into the mix. Chelsea may even have a new manager!!

That said, whichever team of the 6 mentioned that is not in Europe (i.e. Liverpool or Spurs) will have a major advantage over this year's top 4 due to the ease of schedule.

My take: City, Manu**, then the rest. And of course it pains me to say so. Also, I am reserving the option to change my mind after the summer transfer season is over.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

caveated to death!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Where is the evidence Lenky is too old?
        Ashley Young is welcome,we would take Pennant too.Rio has been grooming his replacement(Smalling)and Scholes' has already arrived, Carrick.

Comment

Wenger can still keep spending down and end up having a fabulous 2011/12 season!

...but you are bang on about the agony of the 'long wait (for silverware) ' getting on nerves!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
            Where is the evidence Lenky is too old?
            Ashley Young is welcome,we would take Pennant too.Rio has been grooming his replacement(Smalling)and Scholes' has already arrived, Carrick.
            Which Pennant? Come on Rockman.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              caveated to death!
              How "Gamma-esque". I have one disclaimer an' him accuse me of "[caveating] it to death". Here - tek dis -->
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                I think your sound reasoning contradicts your predictions. Here's why I say this:

Prediction: major contenders again being Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, with outsiders being Liverpool, and Tottenham

Basis: The title will go to the team that has to make the least amount of new signings/ changes to produce a settled team/squad that will immediately hit the Premiership road running, and without the need for players having to adjust or get use to the demands of Premiership football.

Who fits that bill? Not Arsenal, not Chelsea, not Spurs, not Liverpool, only City and to a lesser extent, Manu** fit that bill (although if Rio is broken, them gwine have a tough time esp. with VDS potentially retiring). Anyway, I agree with you on your assessment, but disagree with who the major contenders are. In my opinion, it will be City and Manu**; the other teams have to bring too much new talent into the mix. Chelsea may even have a new manager!!

That said, whichever team of the 6 mentioned that is not in Europe (i.e. Liverpool or Spurs) will have a major advantage over this year's top 4 due to the ease of schedule.

My take: City, Manu**, then the rest. And of course it pains me to say so. Also, I am reserving the option to change my mind after the summer transfer season is over.

Isnt that what im saying? You basically have the 7 mentioned clubs up the top challenging, but the team/s with the more settled squad/first eleven stand that better chance of producing the results from that first kick-off to the new season.

Im seeing a situation (for those teams who need to make more than two signings for the first team), being bit like Chelsea this season where Torres come into the squad to give them that require extra push but for whatever reasons (relationship with Drogba/ getting use to other team players) him neva quite ketch fire, and the expected goals to propel chelsea to the top neva materialise.

I Suppose the type of signings made will also be a significant factor to determine the eventual winners. Scott Parker WILL leave Westham and being already use to the rigors and demands of the prem would IMO immediately do well at a club like Arsenal, liverpool, tottenham where as a player like Sneidjer might take time to adjust which might make the difference between getting those 3pts, or just picking up 1 or losing!!
                Last edited by GazX; May 16, 2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Nothing Fergie can't handle,my guess is Pennant would do VERY well,why you think otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by GazX View Post

Isnt that what im saying? You basically have the 7 mentioned clubs up the top challenging, but the team/s with the more settled squad/first eleven stand that better chance of producing the results from that first kick-off to the new season.

Im seeing a situation (for those teams who need to make more than two signings for the first team), being bit like Chelsea this season where Torres come into the squad to give them that require extra push but for whatever reasons (relationship with Drogba/ getting use to other team players) him neva quite ketch fire, and the expected goals to propel chelsea to the top neva materialise.

I Suppose the type of signings made will also be a significant factor to determine the eventual winners. Scott Parker WILL leave Westham and being already use to the rigors and demands of the prem would IMO immediately do well at a club like Arsenal, liverpool, tottenham where as a player like Sneidjer might take time to adjust which might make the difference between getting those 3pts, or just picking up 1 or losing!!
                    My point was that I don't think that you'll see 4 teams (City, Manu**, Chelsea and Arsenal) vying for the title, but rather 2 (Manu** and City). Your original post was that the 4 would be challenging. I don't think that that will be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                      Nothing Fergie can't handle,my guess is Pennant would do VERY well,why you think otherwise?
                      Rockman me lose affa yuh wid dat choice. Pennant is not Empire quality. Whose game can he get? Certainly not Valencia. Ashley Young is a good addition, but not absolutely necessary as much as Sneijder (sp).
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Ashley can't start over Park or Nani,Valencia seems to be the only authentic right winger we have,having said that,Pennant would be a good..
                        Even though I would love to get Schake keeper or the dutch keeper,I do not want to break the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          Wenger can still keep spending down and end up having a fabulous 2011/12 season!

...but you are bang on about the agony of the 'long wait (for silverware) ' getting on nerves!

Wenger need get a rigid spine right down the middle of that team.
                          Tough no nonsense centre defender, a general warrior in centre midfield, and another quality centre forward or forwards for when RVP bruk-up agen.

From what i hear, he's interested in Chamberlain at Southampton and another youth at Southampton which is NOT what Arsenal need right now.

Comment

they need SAMBA! for a start

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Paul
                              Having a new manager is not necessarily a bad thing - Mourinho won in his 2 first seasons and Ancelotti won the double in his first.

Comment

Working...
                              X