Lets remove England from the picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets remove England from the picture

I followed the exchanges on the "eh eh" post and while some would like to move on, it seems to me that because England is the perceived aggrieved party FIFA is being given a free pass. Had the "aggrieved" party been anyone else maybe the reaction might be different... so forget England whose FA probably paid for the BBC's timing of their airing of a piece inimical to FIFA but... "What about FIFA?"

Any country will have to play by the rules that FIFA sets and who the heck knows exactly what those rules are? We see for example FIFA's long arm extending into schoolboy football in JA in a most unpalatable way, I consider the JFF requirement an extension of the despotic nature of FIFA. FIFA can do what they want with virtually no accountability and yet it would appear that some of us are willing to just accept that...
    Last edited by Peter R; May 14, 2011, 06:50 AM.
    Peter R

You are absolutely correct. It is not over. FIFA is going to cintnuing pushing and then when world governmments get together and stand up, FIFA is going to lose a lot of control. I sense it will occur in the next five to ten years though; it wont happen immediately.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Peter its not that England should not air its grouse but how it chooses to do so!

1st launching a media campaign to twist FIFAs arm into giving them the right to hold a WC gets you no sympathy.Remember this campaign was launched 2 to 3 years when they wanted to make a bid,trying to expouse FIFA corruption and launching a WC bid ?...lol if a laugh a drop down dead.

Englands exercise was seen as arrogant and elitist.

2nd bithching about the loss after the fact again gets you nowhere.

As someone said England new the rules of the game like everyone else and they lost.If you want to change the way the game is played , England is going about it the wrong way, and I am sure other FAs will know from England FA/Gov bithching must be an in -house thing.

The media has no place in it.
      Last edited by Sir X; May 14, 2011, 09:59 AM.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Warner made a good point when he said If Englands bid was so Kosher how come not one European nation voted for them ?

Arrogant elitist and bitiching , I see where we get the enquiry thing from ,if a laugh a drop down dead.

Cultural and Political insensitivty killed englands bid , a campaign of entitlement.They expected their former colonies to roll over for the KING and others to bow.

All this from a media campaign to expouse , embarrass and win.They wanted to change the rules of the game overnight through the media and they expected to win.

Madness.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Didnt the man essentially concede all that by starting by saying "Let's remove England from the picture...."? With that said, why then dont you just focus on his points in the lead post regarding FIFA's over-reaching? From my perspective, FIFA's insistence that it often has more of a say than a sovereign government about things that occur within that nation is arrogant.

Comment

All that may be right by Warner, but that is an attempt to obscure his own actions as being really fishy....not like mild smelling fish, but like the big rotting mackerel. FIFA's entire structure needs to be re-vamped.

Comment

Who is ISSA? I thought they were educators who were concerned about our kids education? Explain to me how they bowed to JFF. That is what I don't understand, I can't blame JFF for wanting it their way, ISSA is the ones who should look out for the interest of the school children. You think JFF care if the players go to school or not?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                You are absolutely correct. It is not over. FIFA is going to cintnuing pushing and then when world governmments get together and stand up, FIFA is going to lose a lot of control. I sense it will occur in the next five to ten years though; it wont happen immediately.
                You are on to something here. The absolute power thing usually leads to a pushing of the envelope too far and 'the despot' (or corrupt regime) goes over the cliff.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I am with you on this. ISSA caved. ...and they were wrong to do so. I think there shall be a price soemwhere down the road.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Assasin,if you play scrimage pon yuh varandah a Yard they JFF is de authority fi dat. That said,their meeting with ISSA is mere semantics.Akin to the article about Govt slashing public sector jobs with the consent of the unions.

Comment

His points are two fold and fifa is justified by saying governments should stay out for obvious political reasons,lord knows it has its own political house to clean and i addressed how fifa should clean its political house...hint from within

Comment

Thanks Westman, I wonder sometimes that my writing isn't clear enough... some folks just cannot separate the issues. South Africa 2006, England 2018, who knows who tomorrow as the "rules" seem to be a moving target and just seem to be the flavour of the day... AND lest X et al think I am batting for England that is not the case, I am bowling against FIFA.

And X, as for suggesting that the house be cleaned from within, I won't hold my breath... the misbehaviour within FIFA has been going on for over twenty years now and if Blather is re-elected it will be same old same old. I have no clue whether Bin Hanaman (sp?) would make a better leader but I suspect he is already dead in the water.
                        Peter R

Comment

...on the other hand Bin Hamman was in T&T just the other day ... who knows what he might have offered or been asked for to get the CONCACAF votes?...
                          Peter R

Comment

twofold?...

it's not about getting governments involved but about being ACCOUNTABLE...
                            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                              ...on the other hand Bin Hamman was in T&T just the other day ... who knows what he might have offered or been asked for to get the CONCACAF votes?...
                              Damn, Peter R?
                              You're saying there will be no change

Comment

Working...
                              X