RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

England not letting it go....it did hot bwooyy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England not letting it go....it did hot bwooyy.

World Cup - Triesman: FIFA execs asked for bribes

Tue, 10 May 13:49:00 2011

Former FA chairman David Triesman has accused FIFA executive committee members Jack Warner, Ricardo Teixeira, Nicolas Leoz and Worawi Makudi of asking for favours in return for their votes for England's 2018 World Cup bid.
    Related Links

'Shocked' Blatter distances himself
    Trio miss 2014 meeting
    FIFA donate £17.5m to fight fixing

Triesman was giving evidence to a British parliamentary inquiry into the reasons why England failed in its bid to secure the finals which were awarded to Russia last December.

Triesman spoke at the parliamentary inquiry of the "improper and unethical behaviour" by the four men he named.

Giving exact details about the conversations, he said Warner asked for £2.5m to be "channelled through me" for an education centre in his home country Trinidad and Trinidad.

After the Haiti earthquake struck leaving that country devastated, Warner then asked Triesman for £500,000 to buy Haiti World Cup TV rights.

Triesman said Paraguayan Leoz had requested a knighthood in return for his vote while Teixeira told him "Come and tell me what you have for me".

Thai Makudi wanted control of the television rights for a proposed Thailand v England friendly.

"We had a number of conversations with Mr Makudi, telephone conversations," Triesman said.

"These were some of the things that were put to me personally, sometimes in the presence of others, which in my view did not represent proper and ethical behaviour on the part of members of the executive committee," he added.

"I will take my evidence to FIFA," Triesman added.

Triesman was forced to resign from the FA last year after a newspaper sting in which he was taped during a private conversation claiming 2018 rivals Spain and Russia were conspiring to bribe referees at last year's World Cup in South Africa.

A FIFA investigation found no substance to those allegations by Triesman.
    FIFA did, however, ban Nigerian Amos Adamu and Reynauld Temarii of Tahiti, president of the Oceania Football Conferderation, from its executive committee in November over a report in the Sunday Times that they had offered to sell their votes.

When England's bid failed last December, receiving just two out of 22 votes, it sparked bitter recriminations and Roger Burden, the acting FA chairman, stated that he could no longer trust FIFA members and withdrew his candidacy for the job.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter responded to Triesman's comments.
    "I was shocked... but one has to see the evidence," Blatter told a news conference in Zurich.

"There is a new round of information, give us time to digest that and start the investigation by asking for evidence on what has been said.

"I repeat, we must have the evidence and we will react immediately against all those in breach of the ethics code rules."

Blatter said the executive committee members were not elected by the same Congress as him.

"They are coming from the others (other confederations), so I cannot say that they are all angels or all devils," he said.

Meanwhile, further shock claims were highlighted by MPs at the culture, media and sport committee in the House of Commons.

Conservative MP Damian Collins said that evidence submitted by the Sunday Times, which the committee will publish, claimed that FIFA vice-president Issa Hayatou from Cameroon and Jacques Anouma from the Ivory Coast were paid $1.5m (£917,000) by Qatar.

Collins said: "The Sunday Times' submission, and this is to be published by us later, claims that $1.5million was paid to FIFA executive committee members Issa Hayatou and Jacques Anouma who went on to vote for Qatar."

Collins said the submission claimed Qatar specifically employed a fixer to arrange deals with African members for their votes.

Eurosport / Reuters
    Last edited by Karl; May 11, 2011, 10:31 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Expose dem yes!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

World Cup - 'Shocked' Blatter distances himself

Tue, 10 May 15:20:00 2011

FIFA president Sepp Blatter distanced himself from his executive committee, saying he did not choose them and could not say whether they were angels or devils.

Related Links

Triesman: FIFA execs asked for favours
      Legendary trio miss FIFA meeting

His remarks came after former English FA chairman David Triesman accused four FIFA executive committee members - Jack Warner, Ricardo Teixeira, Nicolas Leoz and Worawi Makudi - of asking for favours in return for their votes for England's 2018 World Cup bid.

"I am the president and I have my own conscience, I can only answer for myself, I cannot answer for the members of my committee," Blatter, who stands for re-election at the FIFA Congress on June 1, said.

"They are not elected by the same Congress that I am elected, they are coming from the others (elsewhere), so I can not say they are all angels or all devils."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/100520...s-himself.html
      Last edited by Karl; May 11, 2011, 10:32 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

let's see if they will get the world cup ... england that is....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Sore bitter losers with their elitist sense of entitlement.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hortical,

Let us also not let a sense of distaste for the English cloud the contention that these gentlemen from FIFA are not as the allegation suggests, absolutely corrupted.
            Peter R

Comment

Sports Minister Hugh Robertson hints at Fifa breakaway

David Beckham and Prince William spearheaded England's failed 2018 bid

Sports Minister Hugh Robertson has suggested England could break away from Fifa if it does not address allegations of corruption within the organisation. Former Football Association chairman Lord Triesman claimed four Fifa members sought "bribes" in return for backing England's failed 2018 World Cup bid.

"There is a desire to try and work and change Fifa from the inside," Robertson told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

"If Fifa proves unable to do that, then I would say all options are possible."

Triesman, a former chairman of England's 2018 bid, accused members of Fifa's executive committe of "improper and unethical behaviour" during the campaign process.

During a parliamentary inquiry into England's failure to host the 2018 World Cup on Tuesday, Triesman alleged Fifa vice-president Jack Warner, Paraguayan Nicolas Leoz, Brazilian Ricardo Teixeira and Thai Worawi Makudi sought "bribes" in return for backing England's bid.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has pledged to take immediate action if any evidence of wrongdoing is presented to football's world governing body.
              But Sports Minister Robertson has urged Fifa to adopt greater transparency in its bidding process and conduct similar internal reforms implemented by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) following the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics campaign scandal.

"The first thing is the allegations are brought to the attentions of Fifa and make sure that happens in concert with the FA," he said.

"We have to back that up with evidence and I would hope Fifa follow the example of the International Olympic Committee, who went through a similar process after Salt Lake City.

"There is nobody currently bidding for the 2018 Winter Olympics who doesn't believe their system is fair and transparent - Fifa needs to be in the same position."
              Last edited by Karl; May 11, 2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Lol........big Talk From England In The Wilderness.

Comment

See even BIGGAH chat yah! yeah, right Mr Blather...steeuuupps

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has pledged to take immediate action if any evidence of wrongdoing is presented to football's world governing body.
                  Peter R

Comment

"Fifa president Sepp Blatter has pledged to take immediate action if any evidence of wrongdoing is presented to football's world governing body"

Immediate action to cover it up maybe...
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

in such a battle who islikely to be the winner..the english fa or fifa?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                        Hortical,

Let us also not let a sense of distaste for the English cloud the contention that these gentlemen from FIFA are not as the allegation suggests, absolutely corrupted.
                        Peter R, As I have said before FIFA from its inception has been operated on 'who knows you'...'tit for tat'...'you scratch my back, I scratch yours'...favour for favour basis...in short corrupting peddling.

I have a problem with limits on what we each call corruption and arrogance of those who represent us engaging in quid pro quo.

Let me break it down -
                        You need your kid to get into a school where it is hardly likely that your kid would gain entry (regardless of reason)...but you know someone who knows those with the authority to allow entry. You tap your 'connection' and voilà your child is in.

That is corruption.

...and we can increase the favours and the rewards...until you move to a large quid pro quo situation such as this alleged by this disgruntled Englishman.

So to address the going on in FIFA. I know that tit for tat business has been around and there is no reason to believe it does not still go on.

The truth is favours were given as 'the expected'. This Englishman claims...no, suggests that arrogance has stepped in to such an extent that 'the expected' and grateful acceptance has moved to plain statements of 'give me this, I give you that'.

As a matter of being practical the Englishman is claiming civility...or the veneer of civility...has flown through the window and crude arrogant behaviour = let us not pretend we are not being corrupt...but let us now dispense with that veneer of respectability and clearfully couched language and put quid pro quo on the table...let us dispense with fooling ourselves and tell it like it is - we are corrupt.

I suspect the Englishman will be further sullied and the various persons he attempts to 'sink', depending on the level of arrogance they displayed i.e. care taken to not compromise selves in a way that can be proved, go about business as usual. If any has taken the arrogant behaviour to being careless/crude behaviour - those shall 'sink'. It has happened before to FIFA executives.
                        Last edited by Karl; May 11, 2011, 11:00 AM.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Absent any evidence, FIFA comes out ahead. And that is the way it should be. No one should be convicted of anything without evidence. Unfortunately, the only evidence Triesman has comes down to verbal discussions, nothing more. This ain't worth squat. As stated by the English Sports Minister:

"I think we have to be honest as a country that Lord Triesman made these allegations in parliament but they are going to be very difficult to actually prove because these were just conversations he had with individuals."

However, if any of us who love the game can't see that the custodians are heading down a path where they are going to royally screw up the game, we are smoking crack.

Take the recent establishment of the anti-match-fixing Interpol unit to be set up in Singapore. That is the beginning of the end for them and their ~$35M contribution is as ironic as those criminals that Lt. Colombo used to get help him solve the crimes that they committed. LOL!!

Anyway, why do you think FIFA has resisted changing the game to have technology applied to reduce controversy in the game and potential corruption by officials? It makes no sense other than that they benefit from it. They are crooked and it is in our collective best interest to say so and do the right thing by demanding reform through whatever channels are available to us.
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Jack Warner laughs at corruption allegations...
                            http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...hed-corruption

Comment

Those are just allegations and lets see where it will lead. This is a discredited individual btw.
                              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X