RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karl, I must say I was very disappointed.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl, I must say I was very disappointed.....

...to see the Arsenal score this morning. I saw the very end as I was entering the pub. As I have expressed here on many occasions, while I have been a Man U fan since childhood, I have always had a great deal of respect for Arsenal and, in the last 15 years, for Wenger as well. In fact, I like great football, regardless of who plays it. I have said that the Liverpool culture must be changed on a sustained basis as well.

However, something is really wrong with Arsenal. It is like they have stopped believing that they are a very good team. Wenger needs to do a lot of reflecting over the break and his core players have to start to believe, share that culture with their team mates, and change their posture.

For that matter, Harry Redknapp needs to reflect and determine the reason for Spurs' collapse as well.

The main difference with Man U is that their manager has them believing and has them focused for more of a game than any other manager has his team doing.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

a selfish th14 is better than NO th14!!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Wenger better bite the bullet and accept that he needs 4 good defenders. Even Faye from Stoke at 36 is better than most of Arsenal defenders. It is good to touch the ball and play it out of the back but you also need to tackle defender free kick and head the ball.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I have said it before....Arsenal needs some senior English hardmen in their team. Cahill (def) from Bolton, Charlie Adams (mid) from Blackpool, Collins (def) from Aston Villa and any good striker, they need at least 2 to be competing for spots, from any where.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You can not win a championship without senior leaders, he sold too many veteran ballers and the transition to the youths was a bit abrupt. BoyU has a good mix of veterans & a few yutes and that has served them well.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
            You can not win a championship without senior leaders, he sold too many veteran ballers and the transition to the youths was a bit abrupt. BoyU has a good mix of veterans & a few yutes and that has served them well.
            Mi nuh understand. Whats up wid this boyu ting? 4 EPL titles in 5 years? Come on, say it wid me .... EMPIRE.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yuh nuh affi rub hit eenh suh, baaassss!

...but you are correct. We have serious 'parts' need fixing...and that mental toughness...or rather lack of mental toughness you mentioned may just be top of the list.

Once again, CoNGRATULATIONS on taking the EPL title.

...oooh?
              Before you get carried away brace yourself for Barcelona!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X