No announcement yet.

Gamma, is this legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The JFF, JAAA and all other national sport bodies need to keep out of high school business. The high schools should not be seen as the ONLY feeder system for our national sports. There is a clear separation of duties and responsibilities. The high schools are obligated to the children's growth, education and development to get them ready for adulthood. ISSA must not succumb to JFF's whims and these national sport bodies should not have any jurisdiction over the schools.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
      yuh have two hoptions to avoid 'penalty'

affirmative HOR propah negative

yuh muss getti now !

DWL to raaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssss
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I understand all you say , however, again I must be picky... they say submit a LETTER in the first paragraph;then in the second paragraph they say... without the afore-mentioned APPROVAL ...

Had they written the afore-mentioned LETTER in the second paragraph no problemo on my part. Nowhere in the first paragraph do i see the word approval. In my mind an approval is given by an external party... so it could be interpreted that just submitting the letter is not enough... somebody is going to make a decision... that's all I am saying with respect to what they have written.

In the larger context I am only wondering what their ultimate goal is ...why should declining an offer entail all that B.S. ? it looks like make work for paper pushers to me.
        Peter R

Comment

the more i read it, the more disgusting it sounds! jff and plca come to an agreement on the player contract without the players having any input...that was bad enough...this is worse!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

And if you don't submit the paper-work, WHY should the the player AND school be penalized??? Big brother at work! Seems totally arbitrary to me, until I hear a reasonable (IMO) explanation for the red tape.
            Peter R

Comment

The wording is poor, bottom line.

What they mean (I think) is: If you choose to decline this request affirmatively, you need to follow the stated guidelines to inform us of that decision...

I still want to know why they use the word APPROVAL ...
              Peter R

Comment

don't worry.. it will only 'inconvenience' players deemed talented enough to represent their coaffi duuntry..

If dem care more about dem school (mi nevah seh schooling) all dem haffi duh is put it in writing and mek sure dem parents are similarly inclined...

Mi know bout di club and country debate...

Dis school and country ting tek di cake doh...

lol !

Comment

=Mosiah;

Mi neva go good school or one inna Portland so see wid mi!
                  lol
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

This is like a financial services negative billing... or whatever they call it: UNLESS you inform us that you DO NOT want this service, we will charge your account and provide it... a practice that was banned in many jurisdictions.
                    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                      This is like a financial services negative billing... or whatever they call it: UNLESS you inform us that you DO NOT want this service, we will charge your account and provide it... a practice that was banned in many jurisdictions.
                      This really has you all in a tizzy...we are talking about our national football program here...just a little bit of a difference wouldn't you say?

Comment

Yuh si why di country cyaan guh nuh weh !?

Look what people a jump up and dung bout...

Suppose dem announce seh every pickiney haffi put in service fi dem country..2 year in di Military like certain oddah country ?!

Das why people can can walk over unnuh rights easy. and Govt can abuse... (well.. except for Gas Hike)

Man ah grumble because dem get di privilege fi get call to represent dem country in a game !!?

Wi really need a benevolent Dictator innah di place fi couple decade.. hammer some sense of duty and discipline innah di people dem..

All dem know bout is 'Fortis' and 'Rabalac'.. bare foolishness.. dem probably nuh stand when anthem a play...
                        Last edited by Muadib; May 10, 2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Not really in a tizzy....except that the downside if someone DOES NOT follow the guidelines possibly hurting a school and its players from particpating in a schoolboy competition.

My son was just accepted to three universities... they invited him to accept their invitation to attend; however, if he does not reply in the affirmative by a certain date, their offers will be withdrawn. Why JFF couldn't adopt that more simple solution? that's all.
                          Peter R

Comment

Wi talking bout duty to country.. unnuh unnastan what dat mean ?

Comment

It's football we talking bout right? jamaica start national service? compulsory military service? have conscription fi football? when dat start mek mi know... ahh bwoyy
                              Peter R

Comment

is dat wi need.. but in the meantime dis will do... get some sense of duty back innah di damn country...

Comment

Working...
                                X