Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamma, is this legal?

May 5, 2011
    JAMAICA FOOTBALL FEDERATION AND INTER-SECONDARY SCHOOLS SPORTS ASSOCIATION (ISSA)- JOINT MEDIA ADVISORY

A joint meeting was held on April 26 between the Jamaica Football Federation and ISSA to discuss a number of issues aimed at strengthening the technical infrastructure of football and the coordination between the two entities.
    After a full discussion on the issue of national representation the following was agreed as it relates to players attending schools:

"Players called for national duty are expected to respond affirmatively to the call up. Any player who will not be responding affirmatively must put this in writing to the Jamaica Football Federation, addressed to the General Secretary and copied to the President, ISSA. This letter should be on his/her school letter-head, signed by his or her parent or legal guardian and co-signed by the Principal of the school.
    Any player who does not follow this guideline and fails to respond affirmatively to a national call-up, cannot represent his/her school during the period of the invitation.
    Should the player participate in any game/s without the afore-mentioned approval, the school represented shall forfeit any points gained and maximum points awarded to the opposing team. If both teams are found in breach, then both teams shall forfeit points in the event of a draw. If any school habitually repeats the afore-mentioned violation then same will face further sanctions by the JFF/ISSA which shall not be limited to expulsion from the competition which the violation occurred".
    This policy will be jointly executed by the JFF and ISSA and both will share all relevant information.

In relation to the current National Under 17 team preparing for the World Cup, ISSA agreed on the request of the JFF that it would facilitate and coordinate the re-scheduling of internal examinations for the students who are a part of the squad preparing for the Under 17 World Cup in Mexico. It was noted that over 75% of the players in the squad would normally have internal examinations in June. The other 25% will be taking CXC exams with some players taking the final CXC exam as late as June 9. (The FIFA Under 17 World Cup starts on June 18).

Noting that a heavy international schedule for football had forced the Under 17 World Cup to be organised for as early as June , General Secretary Horace Reid stated that the JFF and the coaching staff has had to be very accommodating and sensitive to the academic work of the players. This was not to be compromised.

Regarding coaching certification, the JFF re-iterated its policy that for the schoolboy and girl season beginning 2011, all coaches must be Advance Level I certified and for the 2012-2013 season coaches at this level would have to be Advance Level II certified.

Finally in looking forward to the 2011 Manning and DaCosta Cup Competitions, the JFF recommended to ISSA the holding of Technical Meetings when the competitions reach the semi-final and final stages. Emphasizing the need to adopt FIFA international standards at all levels, the JFF explained that Technical meetings bring together the main players in the staging of successful games. The attendants include match officials; representatives of teams; security officials and venue operators amongst others.

Both the JFF and ISSA re-iterated the respect of both organizations for each other and recommitted to deeper cooperation and communication.
    ISSA was represented by its President Dr. Walton Small; Competitions Director, George Forbes; Chairman of Basketball, Keith Wellington and Chairman of Manning Cup, Aston Messam.
    The JFF was represented by General Secretary Horace Reid; Technical Committee Chairman, Howard McIntosh; Technical Committee Deputy Chair, Raymond Grant and Director of Operations, Janice Rose-Brown.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

FIFA is pervasive... worse than "big brother" if you ask me...

...and who will pay to have the coach or coaches certified if they don't have the qualification? and suppose you can't get one? ...
    Peter R

Comment

DANG??!!! it sounds like mafiosi business!

what if there is a player who is NOT interested in playing national but is happy to play manning cup he has this choice taken away from him?!!

it does not sound kosher to me, just by the sound of it .... i cannot comment definitively on its legality but it is worrying....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That's what I thought too...Nazi business to me
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

These rules need to be codified in ISSA's regulations, however the JFF is empowered to oversee the football in Jamaica. However, new rules can not be imposed by a press release!
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

how could issa agree to this? a youngster cannot play schoolboy football if he does not want to play national?

this is madness!!! that is not what issa should be about! next thing cricket ... then track, then netball then CHESS!!!! stop the madness!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

So, all one would have to do to sheg up a school is to select a player for national duties, even tho it may be well known that said player has no desire to play nationally, wait for player to turn it down, then there goes his D-Cup representations and his school's hopes and dreams.

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And unnu Blame Burrell? You wonder how sensible people tun fool.

What them nuh think fi themselves? Them make the BOSS or the educated ones tell them what to do without thinking for themselves.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

huh?

Anyway, why should any organization have such draconian powers over individuals and institutions (schools) by imposing a penalty if the CHOICE you make is not what they want... ? This does not sit right with me and I'm sure the schools, will protest, I hope.
                  Peter R

Comment

This agreement came out of a joint meeting between both the JFF and ISSA
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

those laws are coming directly from Burrell and Reid and you want tell me a few sensible people not in the meeting to hammer out some sensible arrangements?

While I understand what the JFF want to accomplish ISSA needed to make the rules less draconian and friendly for their purpose and the players.
                      A much better agreement could have been reached.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What you mean? JFF make the agreement and ISSA said "Yes Man"

Comment

Very interesting all around for these mandates by the JFF

Comment

The teacher and parents will need to tell the JFF where to get off. There is such a thing as a right of parent to expect the child to be not discriminated against at school.

What the JFF is trying to tell the school, the parent and the child is each does not and collectively they do not have a right to exercise their own judgment on whether or not it is in the child's interest to represent the school if a decision is made not to take up a national call.

What a hell it would be if the WICB has said Marlon Samuels could not represent his Jamaica club or Jamaica if he refused a WI call up?

...or Bolt could not take part in any meet because he refused a JAAA call up? ...or likewise any of Steven Francis' MVP players?

...next the JFF will wish the school to ban the kids if there is decline of a JFF call up?

A little power can be a dangerous thing.

Not exactly the same thing...but "a little power"...

Reminds of the guard who would not allow the GG entry into Kings House as he was given instructions that entry would only be allowed on presentation of a particular ID...and although he knew the GG and the GG's driver both having not had the ID he was told that was required he was adamant that they could not enter gthe grounds of the GG's official residence.

It was said that he lost his job.
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                              FIFA is pervasive... worse than "big brother" if you ask me...

...and who will pay to have the coach or coaches certified if they don't have the qualification? and suppose you can't get one? ...
                              Simple Peter... The schools just continue to play their Manning and DaCosta Cup as they were doing before there was a JFF or the preceding JFA (Jamaica Football Association).

The JFF has pushed the envelope...will the schools and parents allow themselves to be pushed over the cliff?
                              Last edited by Karl; May 6, 2011, 02:01 AM.
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X