Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Madrid accuse Barcelona's Busquets of racism

Real Madrid accuse Busquets of racism

Real Madrid have released video footage appearing to show Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets calling Marcelo a "monkey".

The club released footage on their in-house TV channel with Busquets captioned as shouting 'mono, mono' at Marcelo during Barca's 2-0 Champions League victory at the Bernabeu last week.

Madrid, who had earlier released a video claiming to show Pepe made no contact with Dani Alves during the red-card incident, also provided video analysis of referee Frank De Bleeckere, who will take charge of Tuesday's semi-final second leg at Barcelona.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

The Video
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Comment

Busquets look guilty ... whatever he said to him he didn't want others to hear and thus the covering of the mouth. The Spanish FF is a joke when it comes to this so I don't expect anything... Keita, Danny Alves et al fi deal wid him...

Marcelo still cyan play a dutty brand of football IMO.
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        The Spanish FF is a joke when it comes to this so I don't expect anything...
        This happened in the Champions League, so it would be up to UEFA to take punitive measures.
        - Xavi

Comment

Thx for pointing that out... somehow I don't see UEFA doing anything either. They might surprise but, I won't hold my breath.
          Peter R

Comment

UEFA charges Sergio Busquets over racism claim

Uefa has launched a disciplinary case against Barcelona's Sergio Busquets over alleged racism in the Champions League semi-final with Real Madrid.

Real posted a video on their website before the second leg showing Busquets allegedly calling full-back Marcelo "mono" (monkey) in the first leg.

The case will be heard on Sunday with a decision due the next day.

(continue)
            - Xavi

Comment

Busquets cleared to play for Barcelona in Wembley final

Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets can play in the Champions League final against Manchester United after being cleared of racial abuse. Uefa has dismissed claims by Barca's Spanish rivals Real Madrid that Busquets racially insulted full-back Marcelo during their semi-final tie.

A statement on Barca's website read: "Uefa has rejected the complaint filed by Real Madrid." Busquets is now free to line up against United at Wembley on Saturday 28 May.

(continue)
              - Xavi

Comment

ahhh bwoyyy... he certainly wasn't telling him "buenos días"...
                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                X