X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Wenger thinks - If we do lose the title

Wenger: 'I am very happy for Aaron Ramsey'

Dear Arsenal Supporter,
    We produced a good performance against Manchester United on Sunday with discipline, fighting spirit and our usual passing game.

Until we scored the goal, I feel we completely controlled the game. Then, because we have not won a lot recently, we tried to protect our advantage and were more under pressure. Overall, I believe we deserved to win the game.

I am very happy for Aaron Ramsey, who scored our winner. When you consider that his injury happened 14 months ago, he now looks to be back to his best. If you look at the age of the team on Sunday I think it's really encouraging for the Club. We had a very young midfield and were still very positive in our display.

There were two big penalty appeals. It was a handball by Vidic and I think the referee didn't see it. On that front, we have not been lucky this season. There were some debatable decisions over the weekend and I must say I am a big fan of video technology and I have been for a long time. But I have little power to make that happen.

As for the title race, I have not given up any hope. We want to fight until the last second of the season. Let's hope we have a bit more luck in the final three weeks because you never know. But Manchester United remain in the best position and the second best is Chelsea because they play against United next week.

I still make United the favourites because when you play at home for the title you see an advantage. But if we want to have a small chance, it's in our interest that Chelsea win at Old Trafford and for us to win our games. After that, we could be back mathematically but I still think United has an advantage.

If we do lose the title we will point to last week as the moment we lost it, especially against Bolton and Liverpool. We were 1-0 up in the 97th minute against Liverpool, we were 3-1 up at Tottenham and we had three chances to go 2-1 up against Bolton. If we could have won nine points from those games plus the win today, we would have been ahead of Man United.

I gave young players a chance on Sunday and, although we want to add what we need, I feel it is important for the Club that we keep faith in what we do. You can see that the players grow when they get the chance to play. Like Szczesny, for example, you can see already that compared to two months ago, he has already grown.

It is a law in our game that you can only grow, at some stage, if you play. So people want both, they want to win every game and they want us to produce quality young players. If Wilshere has grown this season it is because he played. But on the other hand, if you do not win, people say, 'why do you play young players?'

Finally, we picked up a couple of injuries on Sunday. Samir has a hamstring problem, a small one I think. Cesc has got a kick on his thigh, we'll know on Tuesday if he can practice again. He has a chance to play at Stoke on Sunday.
    Thanks for your support.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

wah dat signature really look like to unnu?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yours!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
      X