And now, it is time for The Party Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now, it is time for The Party Line

It is so obvious that Fergie has developed a fondness for a long time adversary, none other than the Gunners' Arsene Wenger. The substitution of Anderson today, by Fergie, led to that immediate lifeline that Wenger may have needed.

For all Wenger's accomplishments at Arsenal, the ever present question of modern times is upon him. Yes, the Arsenal fans and ownership are asking, "What have you done for us lately, Arsene?" It is not enough to have won the league a few times or to qualify for the Champs League every year. It is not enough to have a profitable or one of the least indebted franchises in the EPL. No! No! Silverware must be delivered. In the absence of that, the only thing that can save your hide is the thing that has become the customary saviour to many an EPL Manager, sometimes. Oh yes! It saved Rafa's hide at crucial points in time, for a while. And it has saved the hides of many others over the years that the Prem has existed. Yes, one must beat Fergie and Man U at a crucial point if one cannot win silverware.

So today, as the editorials continued, yes, as the calls continued for folks to hold Arsene accountable or to send him on his way for not giving Arsenal fans a trophy or championship of some kind, Fergie threw him an old familiar lifeline. How else can one explain the substitution of the midfield engine, that starts the defense and starts the offense, for a winger?

The old Fergie would have battened down the hatches and played for a tie and be grateful for a counter attack win. As he worried that his un-needed victory, today, could make the Emirates's future for an old adversary come more into question, he gave him that old lifeline. And Wenger's guys grabbed it before Fergie's own players noticed and adjusted for the remainder of the game.

You see Fergie is confident he can take care of biz with a draw or a win at Old Trafford next week. In fact, that game will be played with a lot more passion and guile than the one the Red Devils played today. So as Fergie shook hands and then gave Wenger that pat on the back after the game, he was really saying to Wenger, 'I did my part to help you hang in there "Old Chum!"

Who knows? But one day, maybe even early next season, it may be Ancelotti who will be counted among those who will need a quick lifeline from Fergie. Yes Tilla.

And that, my friends, is the party line! Lazie, Sickko, Jangle, et al, what say ye?
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

When Chel$ea buss yuh ass ,how much will the paid journalist spin that , courtesy of Torres goals , no doubt it will start (Torres owed Liverpool that much to deny Man U the oppourtunity of eclipsing Liverpool record).
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

As our dearly departed Livi was accustomed to saying, "If you are not in the top three, you should not be heard." He was, on earth, the number Liverpool fan.

X, you too bad mind!

Comment

The truth is an offence to others a comfort to some , you call it badmind fair to say no comfort to you.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Your record of predictions is atrocious at best. I am sure the Man U fan base here is not worried. Keep wishing. By the way, I cant wait for July to come. That is about the time when you usually make your boldest and most inaccurate predictions.

Comment

It done now. Just as I was hoping X wudden put his goat mout' pon wi. It is pointless Chelsea even turn up at Old Trafford on Sunday.

That said, Arsenal played well and deserved the win.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

ouch...next season i wont make any predictions because it is ours.

Comment

Tilla yuh nuh ave nuh confidence from day 1 , nuhbady use me as yuh scapegoat.

DEFEN YUH SIDE !

Comment

X, you cant help yourself. By July you will have a number of bold predictions. Many of us look forward to them. Those annual predictions make this site very entertaining. If you dont make predictions then, we will be disappointed and we will wonder if you are ill.

Comment

Wow! Do you realize you just made another prediction? Like I said, you cant help yourself! By the way, your KD (Dalglish that is) soon get stale.

Comment

Oh yeah I will make predictions on certain games if necessary but not the title , I dont want to rub it in your faces.....its ours.

Comment

Boy yuh sound hurt and nervous Kenny soon get stale...lol

Comment

You think Karl is still celebrating from this morning? I hope him dont drink off all of the communion down at shady pines.

Comment

Champagne will buss end of season.Beers reserved for you.

Comment

Which part of Fort Liquordale boss? Just tell me and me wi reach.

Comment

Working...
                              X