is MLS bush league or what..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is MLS bush league or what..

I'm listening to BBC and an American guy is berating the (LA Galaxy) league for allowing Beckham leave to attend the wedding... he also cited a number of the imports over the years who took off ostensibly for personal reasons but were captured by paparazzi frolicking wid dem woman or doing other than "family business".

His point is the league will never be taken seriosuly if they continue to allow the Beckhams of the world to just do as they please.... he hypothetically asked: how would Fergie have responded if he had an American on contract who wanted to go home to the wedding of the President's child...

He has a good point IMO. The league has to look like it is serious or else the high-priced imports and others will continue this abuse and the league will look second class.
    Peter R

The big leagues have made exceptions for their best players for many years. So i don't think that is much of a reason to call it a bush league. The same way how many of the Galaxy players got vex at the preferential treatment Beckham got, is the same way Barcelona players were upset with Romario and Real Madrid players with Ronaldo.

Comment

So Fergie would have allowed Ronaldo to fly ten hours (hypothetically speaking) to attend the wedding of Portuguese royalty two days before a match he's supposed to start in? just asking what you think he would do... yuh accustomed to conjecture suh yuh muss cyan answer dat... da's jus a likkle joke suh don tek it serious.. but seriously, WWFD... what would fergie do? IYO
      Peter R

Comment

Fergie would probably throw a shoe at him again. However some coaches in the other top leagues are forced to accept their ballers missing for "family reasons" during carnival and those leagues are taken seriously.

Comment

Teams in the EPL have oftenly allow their players to travel for "personal reasons. Tevez went back home, Man City allowed him. Stoke allow Fuller to attend to personal matter etc.

I can't see a team not allowing their player to go to something as a "royal" wedding especially since the the season just start and Becks will not miss a game because he went to the wedding. LA also can live without Becks for a game or two.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

LA needs to thank him after this season for his "contribution' now and get a player or two who genuinely have the team's interest at heart.
            Peter R

Comment

there is the side show and the real show. LA record is about the same with or without Becks. The only question is are they benefitting financially off Becks? As you and I think he doesn't add all that much on the field.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
              X