Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New World Cup Qualifiying Rounds for CONCACAF

CONCACAF Announces Revamped WCQ Plan

CONCACAF has announced the qualifying format they intend to submit to FIFA for final approval next month. CONCACAF is proposing includes a preliminary phase followed by three group phases. The United States would enter in the second group phase, wit three groups of four teams. The top two teams from that group phase would advance to the Hexagonal.
    The new system would reduce the number of games for the United States from a maximum of 18 to 16 should they qualify from one of the top three places. Seeding for World Cup Qualifying would be based on the March 2011 FIFA Rankings, where the United States was the top ranked team in CONCACAF.

Teams Entering Preliminary Round: Anguilla, Aruba, Bahamas, Belize, Dominican Republic, British Virgin Islands, Montserrat, St. Lucia, Turks and Caicos Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands
    Teams Entering First Round: Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Dominica, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Puerto Rico, Nicaragua, Panama, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent, Suriname Trinidad & Tobago
    Teams Entering Semifinal Round: Costa Rica, Cuba. Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, United States

A wondah if Jamaica going to end up in Group of Death again..

Maybe not based.. probably depends on their ranking in March..

Panama is the danjah... they belong in the semi-round.. Panama group would probably end up being group of death...

Panama and Canada with 2 of the automatic Semi-Final teams would be a deadly group...

I thought there were going to change to a CONMEBOL type qualifying ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
      A wondah if Jamaica going to end up in Group of Death again..

Maybe not based.. probably depends on their ranking in March..

Panama is the danjah... they belong in the semi-round.. Panama group would probably end up being group of death...

Panama and Canada with 2 of the automatic Semi-Final teams would be a deadly group...

I thought there were going to change to a CONMEBOL type qualifying ?
      You mean the Group of Death in the semi-final starting in 2012. I'm wondering if our arch-rivals will T&T will advance. I hope they do and end up in Jamaica's group simply because of this:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/in...?topic=53363.0

I'm and that this matchup comes true.

Comment

Canada was a rucks team and we foolishly played for a draw in Toronto.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          Canada was a rucks team and we foolishly played for a draw in Toronto.
          True. But it was Simoes who put out the wrong team and formation against Canada by going with a lone striker. Then had the audacity to use a two man strike team against Mexico in the Azteca without most of our overseas professionals.

Comment

Working...
          X