Bolton 2 - 1 Arsenal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Me View Post
    I am not doing any comparing to the DPL. That is being silly. You made your statement starting with the top teams. If you take your approach, starting with the lower half teams, all of a sudden your analysis means nothing. Try again with that one.
    Of course you're not comparing it to the DPL, but the DPL is a hyperbolic example of why your argument doesn't foot. You either don't get it or are being difficult on purpose. Here is someone else's analysis which I dug up that basically uses the same approach as me - maybe they are ridiculous too. Again, the issue is COMPETITIVENESS...not who is "better".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...e-than-la-liga

Yes, the argument can't be won and adding "science" to it doesn't help. So I will have my belief based on my observations and you will have your belief based on your "science".
    Pardon me if I resort to logic or "science" as opposed to speculation and bias, As Isaac Newton (a scientist) said: 'If I have seen further than other men, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants.' In other words, this is not a position unique to me. I am sure if you look, you'll find that many others have offered solid arguments to disprove your bias. Unfortunately Me, you don't offer up anything logical to support your position that the "bottom half of la liga is better than the bottom half of the prem" other than your own observations. Not good enough. So sorry, facts and logic don't bear out your story.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Arsenal Need Senior Leaders

Check the video clip by Dixon. Take a look at BoyU, they have several older veteran leaders in the team, and that is lacking.
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13182718.stm
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I made a statement about the lower half of teams and you decide to show the points of the top EPL teams have compared to the La Liga top teams. I showed the lower half of both leagues having the same points and you fail to see I am actually pointing out the flaw in your statements. LOL

You want to make the argument about what suits you. I made a simple statement about payroll not telling the entire story and me thinking lower level teams are better in Spain, so don't tell me what the issue is. LOL

You better find a some better "science'

Comment

Paul,

Let me address you for I followed this "discussion" and I fear if I reply to any of Me's posts I might get caught up in some spinning...

I believe your original post to Muadib referenced competitiveness which Me has ignored... his response I believe was that certain teams in la Liga were better than the certain teams in the EPL... pure conjecture of course with no evidential basis ...

anyway... the bottomline IMO is that I will agree the EPL is more competitive, in fact twice as, than La Liga, why? as it stands today any of FOUR teams could possibly win the EPL, only TWO can possibly win LA Liga... LOL

...and importantly, without considering the matchups because as it stands today, any one of ELEVEN teams could be relegated!! with just 4-5 matches left.. I believe the number is TEN in la Liga.

Again the point spread between the last ten in the EPL is 9 points, in the La Liga it is 15... so that might be enough science from a non scientist for mi figget who yu was talking to.
          Last edited by Peter R; April 25, 2011, 09:54 PM.
          Peter R

Comment

I made a statement about the lower half of teams and you decide to show the points of the top EPL teams have compared to the La Liga top teams. I showed the lower half of both leagues having the same points and you fail to see I am actually pointing out the flaw in your statements. LOL

You want to make the argument about what suits you. I made a simple statement about payroll not telling the entire story and me thinking lower level teams are better in Spain, so don't tell me what the issue is. LOL

You better find a some better "science'
            *sigh* Okay...Me...you win. La Liga's bottom clubs are better than the Prem's bottom clubs, but only because YOU say so. After all, what more evidence do we need? You need to take a course in logic but somewhere in there, I'm sure you're going to tell me that even though the lower clubs in Spain took less points off their top clubs, they're better than the lower clubs in England. Makes sense, but not to Me (or is it me?)
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

This is getting better. LOL You notice my statement about the 2 team nature of La Liga in my initial post. I guess not.

In case you didn't know, the La Liga has historically been tighter in the lower half of the table than the EPL. You can go take a look at last few years.

Comment

And even though the lower half of clubs in Spain usually take more points from the upper half in England, I guess we will go with your "science"

Your "science" wins. LOL

Comment

Sorry I don't know the history of La Liga so I will defer to you on historical matters... I was talking about this year, thus the nature of my simple analysis.... but I see you agree it is not as competitive... being a two team league.

IMO opinion if LA Liga is a two team league as you say, how can anyone argue the league is competitive... yes the minoows might fight for the scraps but who cares?

It would be difficult to argue the EPL has not been more competitive THIS YEAR than La Liga
                  Peter R

Comment

And even though the lower half of clubs in Spain usually take more points from the upper half in England, I guess we will go with your "science". Your "science" wins. LOL

Now you have the lower half of the Spanish league taking points from the upper half IN ENGLAND
                    Too funny. You are right, science does win.

Comment

Paul, Mr Conjecture strikes again...

and to save Me time from looking up the word:
                      con·jec·ture

 /kənˈdʒɛktʃər/ Show Spelled [kuhn-jek-cher] Show IPA noun, verb, -tured, -tur·ing.
                      –noun 1. the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.

2. an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.

3. Obsolete . the interpretation of signs or omens.

–verb (used with object) 4. to conclude or suppose from grounds or evidence insufficient to ensure reliability.

–verb (used without object) 5. to form conjectures.
                      Peter R

Comment

You were unto something till you mention Bolton beating Real Madrid.. wuss if it late in the season and RM fighting for first place..

Dream on !

lol !

Comment

Going back to the basics. Since you are finding it difficult. payroll alone doesn't tell you how competitive the league is. The EPL teams had a bigger budget than La Liga teams a few years ago also and yet the lower level teams were taking more points away from the upper level teams.

Comment

mistype a sentence and you are there to stroke Paul. You have no interest in history, but quite interested in defining conjecture. LOL

Comment

mistype a sentence and you are there to stroke Paul. You have no interest in history, but quite interested in defining conjecture. LOL
                              Me, don't start. The fact is that you are making a statement:

(lower half of the table la liga teams are "better" than lower half of the table prem teams)

with no basis other than your opinion (conjecture).

That's fine, but don't start making it gospel without some foundation to your argument. You may well be right, but equally, you may well be wrong. Once you can accept the latter may be true and use logic to prove otherwise, you will redeem yourself.

Peace. Out.

Comment

"once i can accept..."

it is clear you and the other scientist dont read.

Comment

Working...
                                X