Cesc blast Arse ...Gamma, Karl & Co Arsenalist !....The SACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cesc blast Arse ...Gamma, Karl & Co Arsenalist !....The SACK

You would have been sacked in Spain over trophy drought, Fabregas tells Wenger

By Matt Barlow Last updated at 11:09 PM on 19th April 2011

Cesc Fabregas has risked the wrath of Arsene Wenger with a damning assessment of Arsenal's six-year trophy drought.

As the Gunners prepare for Wednesday's derby at Tottenha
    m, Fabregas dared to question his manager's grand project and called on the club's new owners to choose between nurturing talent or winning silverware.

He also discussed his own future, insisting he will never leave for another English team, but left the door open for a return to his native Barcelona if Arsenal fail to convince him they are going in the right direction.

Lack of success: Fabregas says Spanish clubs would not have been as patient as Arsenal have with Wenger

Fabregas said: 'If you went to Spain and said to Pep Guardiola (the Barca manager), Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid) or Unai Emery (Valencia) they would have three years without a trophy, it would be obvious they would not continue.

'But here it is different, the manager is intelligent and the club value different things: that the team is always in the Champions League, that we compete until the end, that we have young players, economic stability.

HAVE YOUR SAY...
    Is Wenger the right man to lead Arsenal in trophy hunt? Arsene Wenger is facing increasing pressure to deliver trophies as Arsenal stand on the brink of making it six years without silverware. After dropping another two points against Liverpool, Wenger's title bid is almost over. But should he still be in charge next season?

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK

'But I imagine there will be a moment when you have to decide: do you win things or not?'

Fabregas swapped the Nou Camp for north London in 2003 just as Wenger's 'Invincibles' were embarking on an unbeaten Barclays Premier League campaign. He won the FA Cup in 2005 and reached the Champions League final a year later but the 2-1 defeat by Barcelona in Paris proved the first of many disappointments.

'From 2007 on I started to say, "We don't win but we play very well",' said Fabregas. 'After that, you realise it doesn't work. You enjoy it during a part of the season, like this year, when we were in four different competitions.

'And you say, "Here, I have it all". But then you cannot make the final step and it is here where a decision has to be made: to go out to win or to develop players.'

Fabregas reflects on how Wenger dismantled the 2004 champions, leaving the 23-year-old and Robin van Persie to inherit the responsibilities normally shouldered by more senior players.

'Without a doubt, the Invincibles team is the best I have ever played in,' said Fabregas, who is about to complete his third season as captain. 'You felt that if you had a bad game, nothing happened because your team-mates helped you. Those players made you better. Now a lot has changed and I am the man everyone looks to. I don't like to say it but it is true.
    'If I play badly, I take the responsibility and the pressure of the supporters. It is not something I am used to but I am captain, so it is reality. Only me and Van Persie remain of that generation, and we have a lot of responsibility.'

Frustrated: Fabregas is fed up of Arsenal's failure to win silverware over the past six years

When he arrived, Fabregas looked up to Patrick Vieira, who added his voice to those criticising Arsenal's approach last week. 'They play the best football in England yet they fail to win anything significant,' said Vieira.

Despite Manchester United's failure to beat Newcastle, Arsenal must win at White Hart Lane to revive a wilting title challenge. In recent weeks they have lost the Carling Cup final and gone out of the FA Cup and Champions League.

Fabregas feels a great personal responsibility for his side's defeat in Europe by Barcelona last month. 'I'm 70 per cent responsible for Arsenal's Champions League exit,' he said. 'I picked up a knock after 14 minutes and my world just collapsed. I should have left the pitch but I was selfish and ended up paying the price as I didn't play well and we lost.'

Nonetheless, the collapse on four fronts is unlikely to persuade Fabregas to invest much more time at the Emirates. He sought to leave last summer and this interview, with Don Balon in Spain, could easily be construed as part of a wider exit strategy.

'The day I leave Arsenal it will be with my head, not just because...' said Fabregas. 'You have to wait for the right moment. Who says you will play in your new team? Or that you will develop? Here I have a lot of luck on a personal level - despite not winning a lot - and I am doing very well.

'I speak with (Barcelona captain) Carles Puyol, who says that he didn't win a thing until he was 26. Puyol, who has won everything there is to win! Patience and hard work are the most important things in life.

'If one day I leave Arsenal, it will never be to sign for another English club. That is for certain.'

The kids are not alright: Fabregas believes Arsenal must change their policy of relying on youngsters

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1K1LcpXb2
    Last edited by Karl; April 19, 2011, 09:26 PM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Him a get too big fi him britches.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
      Him a get too big fi him britches.
      No!
      Matters not whether he is kept or fired...he has a point.

It would be terrible if winning trophies was not what is driving him on. He has fame and fortune...he must want the local trophies to go with the World Cup trophy. ...if that was not a burning desire then he would not try as hard as he does for his GUNNERS!

TEAM, glorious TEAM!

The disquiet is why now when although the hopes are slim...they are still very much alive? Why at this time?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

where is the winning mentality to come from karl? who amongst the players can impart that? much like the west indies.....only not as bad because at least the gunners compete.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
        X