Di Stefano rips Mourinho's Real Madrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Di Stefano rips Mourinho's Real Madrid

Di Stefano rips Mourinho's Real Madrid Marca (Spanish), April 18th, 2011 3:25PM

Former Real Madrid great Alfredo Di Stefano is the club's honorary president, but that didn't stop him from criticizing Coach Jose Mourinho’s tactics after the Merengues' 1-1 tie at home against Barcelona all but clinched La Liga title for the Catalan club.

“Barcelona’s soccer in the Bernabeu was simply brilliant. Its superiority was there for the whole planet to see,” Di Stefano wrote in his column in sports daily Marca. “Madrid was a team without personality. The decis ion to try and play Barcelona on the counterattack was clearly not the right one. Barcelona plays soccer and dances while Madrid just runs back and forth constantly, tiring itself out.”

The 84-year-old Di Stefano added that Barcelona was a lion, while Real Madrid played like a mouse.

The teams play again in Wednesday’s Copa del Rey final and next week in the first of their two-leg Champion League semifinal series.
    Read the original story...

http://www.socceramerica.com/article...al-madrid.html
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Them man deh must have never seen what happen to Madrid when they "danced". LOL
    Mourinho almost win the game for the man dem with 9 man due to him Pepe strategy. Then again, you can't get away with the results thing in Madrid, cause them man deh dash weh coach for less than that.

I am impressed with how Mourinho has got benzema to improve. The man was walking on the field and looked clumsy over the past year and a half. Now he looks sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      Mourinho almost win the game for the man dem with 9 man due to him Pepe strategy. Then again, you can't get away with the results thing in Madrid, cause them man deh dash weh coach for less than that.

I am impressed with how Mourinho has got benzema to improve. The man was walking on the field and looked clumsy over the past year and a half. Now he looks sharp.
      Well said Me. RM is the only team in sports that I know of that fires their coach when they win titles.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post

As me say, during the first game, Jose just sat on the bench and allowed things to proceed. I wondered after the game if it was to show the fans that the team have to change their tactics to deal with Barca. Within 5 minutes of the last game he was in his technical area giving instructions. Alfredo nuh know say Jose wi run him whey?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          Well said Me. RM is the only team in sports that I know of that fires their coach when they win titles.
          ..... Jose on the other hand is the only one to win and walk away.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Real Madrid ago get back in d groove tomorrow. We side jus need fi click and a it dat. The side good but it's no TEAM!(Copyright ©2011, Karl)

Comment

If is one thing Mourinho good for, it is to stir up a little controversy. The man get cuss cause of how many defenders him start in the game. So bring back Ozil to the lineup and but decide fi withdraw a forward. LOL

Real has had a few clean chances in the game sameway. That defensive blanket that Madrid created is ridiculous. First mi ever see man in Barcelona midfield looking like them don't have time on the ball. Will see how long Real can keep it up.

Comment

Uhuh! Huh!! Some likkle eediat side did a get two big fi dem britches!

Comment

Working...
                X