RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H.L Boys and Girls Champs has more viewers than MLS games ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H.L Boys and Girls Champs has more viewers than MLS games ?

SportsMax successfully streams Champs to 127 countries

Saturday, April 09, 2011

SportsMax's coverage of the 2011 ISSA/Grace Kennedy Boys' and Girls' Athletic Championships has, according to those involved in previous streams, set a streaming record for an event coming from Jamaica that was streamed outside of Jamaica, posting concurrent viewership levels of 10,514 computers and 234,788 hits, based on reports compiled by Google Analytics and LiveStream.com Analytics. This in addition to being broadcast live on television for all four days on SportsMax in the Channel's 23 countries in the Caribbean. The coverage via streaming and broadcast was sponsored by GraceKennedy and Western Union.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1J1ZfjUsa
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

ooook?

That reminds me to watch "MetroStars" v. some other team at 7pm on ESPN2.

Thanks a bunch X!!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Definetly need all the support they can get,you think the champs viewership will increase in pace with the mls

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

X, is what you have against MLS and English football?
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Mi great grandmother funeral had more viewers than the MLS.

Comment

Let us compare apples to apples. How does the DPL attendance compare with MLS. If you want to compare Champs attendance with something, compare it with Penn Relays.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Did I say I have something against them? Embracing them and loving them doesnt absolve them from criticism unlike some who believe acceptance or rejection is part and parcel of supporting or not supporting an entity.

Comment

The comparrison of mls to champs is justified...its world class,to answer the 1st questions after expounding on it in my 1st retort....mls and england.......i dont believe in the hype

Comment

No, you often criticize the English and US national teams as if ours is better. Your actions over the past years do not show you " Embracing them and loving them".

Remember, the last time out national team played England, they scored six against us. We also have not beaten the USA in any competition involving the national senior team thus far.

There is a saying, that if you live in a glass house. . .

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                    The comparrison of mls to champs is justified...its world class,to answer the 1st questions after expounding on it in my 1st retort....mls and england.......i dont believe in the hype
                    The comparison is kind of asinine if you ask me. OK, so Champs can attract bumper crowds for one day at the four day event, but what does that tell us?

Have you taken a look at MLS numbers and see what they are saying? Seattle attracts an average of 36K per match. Champs on the other hand has less than spectacular crowds until the final day.

Not necessarily that I am making a point for the MLS, but I still cannot see your point of even bring up the comparison.

I have attached an attendance sheet for you for MLS teams.

MLS Soccer attendance on the rise
                    Attached Files

Comment

X..criticizes the us and english teams as if ours is better...wow? arent we a bit disingenious,are you talking about the x who makes reference aboht our hack and chop programme? The same x that said our hack and chop programme left with rene simoes,the same x that envys the millions that is pumped into us soccer compared to our beg and borrow policy......how did u get that impression? Is it because I dont believe the hype? Boss if the usa is one of the kings in concacaf dem a nuh nuhbady in fifa,dem on par wid oceania,dem would struggle in a eastern european zone,if england cannot reach a world cup final after 50 yrs forget about winning it...forgive me if I dont believe the hype,usa soccer is a feeder program for europe like everyone else....thank god jamaica has acess to it...forgive the typos..i am on my droid phone

Comment

some man will try anything fi put down the MLS but it is here and gaining viewership.

how can you compare champs a one day even to league game that have at least 12 stadium open for about 30 weeks? Including games with teams like Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid and international games as double headers?
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Makes no damn sense. But then, it is X. He is known to always go out to the deep end.

I want to see MLS continue to grow as if it does, it will certainly create more opportunities for our ballers.

Comment

It is not for me to follow your posting history so I can give you a "bly" when I see you go off the deep end. Every post has to stand on its own merit or be criticized on its making sense or being totally rubbish.

I am taking on your argument of comparing Champs attendance on the final day of the Champs competition with MLS attendance and I am saying it makes no sense! There is no basis for comparison. Two different sport, different markets, differing lengths of competition etc, etc.

The last MLS match I attended was about 5 to 6 years ago when Jermaine Hue played for the then KC Wizards. The match was in arrowhead which at the time hold 78,000. The Wizards attracted something like 16,000 plus for that match.

Tell me when a DPL team can draw numbers like that on its best day. As I said, let us compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

Comment

Lol...but you attack me without knowing my stand ?..DPL is back bush league, MLS is bush league.

Talk about internet numbers and MlS isnt on par with champs , says alot doesnt it ?

Comment

Working...
                              X