X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardner out for North End

Gardner out for North End
    Fri, 08 Apr 07:55:05 2011

On-loan defender Ricardo Gardner has returned to Bolton ahead of Preston's trip to Portsmouth.
    The Jamaica international jarred a knee in last weekend's win over Swansea and subsequently missed Tuesday's 2-1 defeat at Reading.
    However, his loan expired after the match at the Madejski Stadium and he has headed back to the Reebok Stadium to try and force his way back into Owen Coyle's plans.

North End boss Phil Brown is already without Conor McLaughlin, who is out for the season with a long-term ankle injury, and David Gray is still on crutches after taking a knock to his shin at Norwich last month.
    Defender Leon Cort and strikers Chris Brown and Leon Clarke are edging closer to full fitness again and may come into contention

Preston bid to keep Gardner fails
    BBC
    Bolton Wanderers full-back Ricardo Gardner has returned to his club after Preston failed in their bid to extend his loan at Deepdale.

The 32-year-old Jamaica international made four appearances in his month-long stay with the Championship strugglers.

"I wanted to get hold of [Bolton manager] Owen Coyle to thank him for Ricardo's effort's," Preston manager Phil Brown told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"We wish him and them all the best for the rest of the campaign."

Brown added: "We've always said that the squad was going to be tested but we have one or two cards up our sleeves with regards to full-backs in the camp.

"I went to see the reserves on Wednesday and some of the young lads showed great signs and great strides, so maybe we'll have to stick one or two of them in between now and the end of the season.

I don't think you ever get used to losing. If you do you'll never play for Preston again
    Phil Brown
    North End, who lost 2-1 at Reading on Tuesday, lie 23rd in the second tier, eight points from safety with only seven games remaining.

"I don't think you ever get used to losing," said Brown. "If you do you'll never play for Preston again.

"But we've got seven cup finals from now on - seven games in which we need to win all seven. If we do that we'll be a Championship club next year.

"Regardless of what position you're in you've got to put that shirt on and wear it with pride and try and reach the levels of performances we have done recently."
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi
Working...
X