And to think Craig Foster is the leading striker in the DPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And to think Craig Foster is the leading striker in the DPL

The man dem need some serious polishing. Hopefully we put some serious focus on the Under 17 players and try and correct some of these flaws.

Too many things to correct with these players. I doubt if these are our best players, if they are, there is something systematically wrong with our soccer. Time we sever the Brazillian experiment cause all it a do is put Jff in debt.

There was a midfielder making some nice passes, him wi can work with, otherwise srcap the entire team. The goalie is a joke.
    Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
    Mitty

Comment

You doubt. LOL

It is only a couple players in College who for some reason were not called. Jamaican footballers do not control the ball well, pass well, move off the ball well, defend well as a team among other things. Anyone who watched prep school, high school or club football in Jamaica would not expect anything great from our youth teams. The football is backward. Defense bruck foot, midfielders don't tackle and forwards dont pass.

Comment

Do u folks realize that we should already have a u15 squad in training for the 2013 u17 World Cup? And the present u17's should be kept together for the u20 championship in the same year...How can we sit and tear kids apart that are brought together weeks b4 tourneys...JFF have it all wrong and we will continue to look poor until we understand how to build a programme that benifit's our youngsters...
        At a young age winning is not the most important thing... the important thing is to develop creative and skilled players with good confidence.

Arsene Wenger

Comment

I was trying to be optimistic by looking for a silver lining, but u just knock me into reality. A suh it bad!! all levels of our football? But players a get soccer scholarship and contract all over the place in Ja.

Dis nuh sound good at all. My aspirations of being an agent with Ja as my primary market seem to be withering with these poor performances in tournaments.
          ************, how my ago finish pay mi picney dem college tuition

Jamaica no problem!!
          Last edited by Mitty; April 1, 2011, 09:51 AM.
          Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
          Mitty

Comment

Even with them flaws, most will be good enough to get a College scholarship and quite a few will be able to get into the second division of Europes lower tier leagues and the MLS.

Exposure from a young age is key becauase if you look at most of our players who got to the stronger leagues they spent years with Walter Gamma and Rene Simoes.

Comment

Yes the JFF have it wrong, but where our problem is is at HIGH SCHOOL and the club. Some of our players not even really attached to a club and the level of football at Manning Cup for a few weeks is not enough to prepare our players and the coaches at the club level are not good enough.

JFF in partnership with the clubs needs to facilitate the development of our youth coaches and then Jamaica needs to make sure our Club football and National football takes priority over DCUP/Manning Cup. They do not need to be eliminated, but the focus for our top players should be on the club level. When Simoes did want to make our league smaller, nuff man get vex, but him know that the dilution of talent amount the bag of teams, not helping at all.
              Last edited by Me; April 1, 2011, 10:48 AM.

Comment

"where our problem is is at HIGH SCHOOL"

aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

wait suh the u20's are out?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes, they should be on their way home.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

that was quick!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

We need better teachers and coaches. The JFF also needs more help from corporate Jamaica. Maudib (or is it X?) always say that it takes CASH to care. It is easy to see the problem but we also need to address the reasons why our football is in a funk.

The Captain has to look to Jamaican corporation within the diaspora....not just on local soil. I keep saying that we must approach people like Michael Lee-Chin, Butch Stewart, Matalon, The Marleys et al in order to fund an ongoing program. Back in 1999 Ziadie (SG) wrote a wonderful and extensive article on the need to continue "perpetual" growth. It is 12 years since then and close to 13 years since our lone appearance at the senior world cup. The lack of "perpetual" growth is glaring!

The present state of our football is a result of the lack of cash. Corporate Jamaica doesn't give enough and we as fans don't support in huge numbers.
                        Last edited by Farmah; April 1, 2011, 12:44 PM.
                        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Working...
                        X