Jamaica U-20 plays Honduras tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica U-20 plays Honduras tonight?

If Jamaica U-20 play like they did in the 2nd half of the Gautemala game--they could come away with a win.

Guatemala first (own goal) was unfortunate. That miss-kick resulting in the second goal should not have happened..
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

45 long minutes to justify this post.

Very good goal....about 35 yards I'd guess!! Lovely!

The team play very scrappy though. No clear strategy it appears,

Good luck in the second half

HL

Comment

Guess I was Hoping for too much.

Did this team spend time in Brazil

HL

Comment

Yes. Unfortunately, the quickfix camp thing can only do so much at the Under 20 level.

Comment

this Brazil thing is a myth

Jamaica with it small talent pool should just follow the american model of playing

instead of copying the Brazilians, they dont realize that they are(d Brazilians) highly skill n have to pick out of a population of 100s of millions
          so they can afford to get away with the "piling", "salading" n other fancy moves"

better if them did just guh Germany n learn sum discipline footballing

booring yes, but guest what we want to be world beaters DONT IT

weh mi a try say Jamaica should learn that the secret if they want to be successful is not to follow Brazil but to be more efficient from the limited resources in this case players we have HENCE adopting another style of play

my3cents

Comment

Nobody Nuh See The Point Mi A Try Mek

Comment

Adopting a Brazilian "style" is not a problem. The average Brazilian players does not have a problem passing, controlling, shooting and is not poort tactically.

When they were in Jamaica and worked in Jamaica for years, the improvement in the National teams was evident. Now that we want to have them as quick fixes it will not work.

The major problem we have is that once they are gone, the level of exposure and coaching that our young players are exposed to drops significantly. Hence the focus has to be on developing competent youth coaches, whether using Brazilian, US, German or any other model.

Comment

I know that the average Brazilian players does not have a problem passing, controlling, shooting and is not poort tactically

but I dont know if u notice that with the brazilian style of play, it is more impulsive/creative/spontaneous type hence less efficient

n Brazil gets away with this type of ball playing, by the simple fact that football is an entrench part of thr culture n more importantly they have the 5th largest world population ie sum 194,452,000 p eople

so they can afford to be way more inEfficient THAN jamaica with 2 mil people who I say n to those on this forum who can get thr voices heard to those incharge

tell them to make more efficient use of the smaller talent pool we obviously have and the Brazilian method is not an efficient model

ie if they want to win of course

they should change it cuz weve bn trying this since Pele's time with no real success

jamaica needs a change now

Comment

How is Brazil not efficient?

The Brazilian system is more impulsive or the typical brazilian player? Their system seems quite strcutured to me and evident from their youth teams on up. Which is the exact reasons why when the Brazilians game to Jamaica and labelled the players performing seals, who were dribbling and not achieving anything.

Comment

I mean style of play not thr development system

and I said with the size population they have they can get away with that impulsive style of play cUz of the talent pool, I am not saying that the cream of the crop are not organized or efficient

but that jamaica withs smaller country cant get away with what they do, WE NEED A MORE EFFICIENT style of play

just read what I said and think about it OBJECTIVELY carefully n pick sense out of non sense PLS

Comment

I have read what you said and I don't see what there is to suggest that the brazilians are not efficient in their style of play, especially nowadays.

Comment

no when mi have the time mi sidung a reason it out

Comment

the dutch model would be my choice. they produce such technically correct players year in year out.

remember seh man like romario and ronaldo perfected their art at psv eindhoven . .. . ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                          X