RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garbage Team!! What a waste of resources!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School boy football can't stand up to the ODP or travel prem. teams in the US. At the same time these teams are a notch below that of the youth teams of S.america and Europe (because these continents have their clubs taking the responsibility of devloping their players).

I can recall fighting with at club meeting with a parent (who was manager) for registering the team ( I was developing) in a rec summer league. My contention was that the standard was low and not up to par with the regular travel teams. I warned them that this would lull the team into a false sense of security (won some decent trophies and the people in queens were impressed, I kept complaining all the way . Rec leagues are for those who have a casual interest in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      I agree with X on this one. As I have said before, we should not pin our national development on schoolboy football. ISSA is not responsible to develop our NATIONAL footballing program. For those of you who keep blaming our stagnation on schoolboy football, you are all identifying the symptoms and not the root of the disease.

... with the national obsession with school boy football of course the youngster are going to be heading in that direction. School boy stars that cannot control or mek a simple pass? Then we get outraged when reality hit us on the international scene.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

No sugar coating here...This team is Garbage!! And I repeat that the quality of schoolboy football in the 80's was way better than what we have today. We should not pin our hopes on just schoolboy football but it should certainly be a part of player development. In fact, they can work together with clubs in developing our players because our clubs don't make that sort of money to run academies. We just need to have a system in place and have good coaches for the youngsters.

Comment

I have said it in many ways and I will say it again:
          We Need Better Teachers At The School-Boy And Club Levels.

Talent alone does not do the trick. The player who gets called to national camp must be adept at the technical skill sets before he/they can be effective within the coach's tactical plans.

WE NEED BETTER TEACHERS! (Oh where is Mexxx these days?)
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

This team is Garbage!! And I repeat that the quality of schoolboy football in the 80's was way better than what we have today.
            Schoolboy football in the 70, 80, 90 and 2000s is overrated.

If we were playing crappy teams at this level, our shortcomings would not be exposed as they are now. Currently these players are playing in competitions to which a lot of the star ballers of the 70s and 80s etc did not get any exposure. I am telling you though, if they had gotten to this level, it would have been the same thing.

No better barrel no better herring my friend.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
              Schoolboy football in the 70, 80, 90 and 2000s is overrated.

If we were playing crappy teams at this level, our shortcomings would not be exposed as they are now. Currently these players are playing in competitions to which a lot of the star ballers of the 70s and 80s etc did not get any exposure. I am telling you though, if they had gotten to this level, it would have been the same thing.

No better barrel no better herring my friend.
              true dat... excep fi Clarendon College 1977
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
              X