All the Problems that the opposing Brazilian Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the Problems that the opposing Brazilian Coaches

mentioned about this Jamaican under 20 team are quite evident. Them nuh ready at all for the next level.

Hopefully they settle down and start to play some football.

Still not seeing the passing game I am expecting from our u-20s.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

you a talk bout passing? i still don't see them settle the ball much less pass it yet. Look like a pure speed we a try use.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Our goalkeepers and defenders are not comfortable with the ball at their feet at all levels of our football and our midfielder do not move off the ball.

Sergio Campbell who is supposedly one of the better players, passes the ball straight to the opponents for the second goal. The goalkeeper has almost given away two goals with individual mistakes. Hyde has done the same.

Comment

Seriously cant understand this boot the ball up the field thing,i cant remember watching or playing that crap in prep to high school
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

you can't understand it? The fact is at all level of our football once the ball is over the halfline all we depend on is pure speed and break away. There is no passing and combination then, We need some work or a midfielder who can actually hold the ball. Same way the senior play and the under 17.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Oh well back to the drawing board for all ages.

Comment

Sass you might have a point,selfishness with individual flair and speed leads to lack of thinking to pass and move,it will be exposed on a tactical level as hoof ball, no time or space is given for the selfishness, individuality and flair.THE PLAYERS HAVE TO THINK !

Best post yuh mek since yuh deh pan di forum.
                Last edited by Sir X; March 29, 2011, 11:12 PM.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The defender who was chasing the ball when the Guatemalan made the break away, he had enough speed to overtake him or at least close him down by putting pressure on the man with the ball. Well, the defender started running away from the player with the ball and now more towards the goal while our goalkeeper started advancing towards he man with the ball.

Here is the second mistake the defender made in this play. He did not go far enough to cover his goal, but stopped just a little beyond the penalty spot.
                  So when the man with the ball took his shot to round the keeper, the said defender was caught in no mans land and could be of no assistance.

I think the first thing he should have done is to use his superior speed to apply pressure and get the man off the ball which seemed doable to me. Once he decided to go towards goal and leave the man to take on his GK, then he needed to be providing adequate cover of the goal. Go onto the goal line and be like a second keeper. He could have prevented that goal from scoring with just a little more thought and application. His decision making skills is what is killing that player.

He failed miserable in both tasks.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

That is one of the reason I advocate the ODP program fi Jamaica.

The top players play similar style and when them reach national it easier for them to fit in. It seem like the youths are even afraid to pass the ball so they kick and run. You don't see any movement off the ball upfront. That kind of thing should be taught long before they reach the national program.

We need the best coaches to coach regional teams.
                    We need to have standards in coaching and playing
                    The youths need to play more often against and with each other at this level. DCUP and Manning Cup interzone is not enough.

Comment

Still dont understand how they left Alvas Powell off this team...maybe the Brazilians left him at their academy
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

you realize the number of high schools they have now compared to a couple decades ago? dilution.

Comment

Even in front of goal they cant hit the net.

Comment

Like I said cant hit the net. not ready plain and simple.

Comment

Foster must be a double agent

Comment

Working...
                              X