RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody following Chad Ochocinco tryouts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was a fan. Joe Max Moore introduced them. His family were big fans as well.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Chad Ochocinco: Bengals Receiver Chad Ochocinco Wants to Stick Around MLS Team

By Zachary D. Rymer
      (Featured Columnist) on March 29, 2011

116 reads
      0 comments
      0 likes

Jamie Squire/Getty Images Chad Ochocinco Wants to Continue Training with Sporting Kansas City

Alas, Chad Ochocinco is not going to get a contract offer from Sporting Kansas City of the MLS. The Cincinnati Bengals star wide receiver performed somewhat admirably in a matchup between reserve squads on Monday, but he apparently just didn't show that much promise.
      However, it's not all bad news or Ochocinco. Sporting KC coach Peter Vermes called him an "honorary member" of the team, and The Kansas City Star reported that Ochocinco is going to be allowed to continue training with the reserve squad.
      “We told him we would not be offering him a contract with the team," said Vermes, "but we feel his stay here has been so good in so many ways, we would offer him an opportunity to train with our reserves when they train in the afternoon on certain days of the week and continue to work on his fitness while he’s waiting for the lockout to finish, just because we think he’s become an honorary member of Sporting Kansas City."
      Vermes also said that it's been a "pleasure" to have the 33-year-old NFL veteran around.
      “He has been fantastic in all ways. In the locker room with the guys, and just with the staff and everyone else, it’s been a real pleasure.”
      Ochocinco was similarly enthusiastic about sticking around on the pitch. Despite not playing soccer competitively since he was in high school, he says he has genuinely enjoyed himself.
      “It’s awesome,” Ochocinco said earlier on Tuesday. “Basically I can stay here and train as I please, which is really cool. Words can’t describe how thankful I am to be able to be here.”
      Because the lockout situation in the NFL essentially leaves Ochocinco with nothing better to do, he may as well continue to train with Sporting KC. In fact, it just so happens that the Bengals' six-time Pro Bowler plans on doing just that. He said he is going to return home to “get some things situated," but that he plans on being with the team for "a long period of time."
      “Playing with these guys on this type of level …” he said … “People don’t understand … I understand because I understand the game, but I’ve been away from it so long, how good these guys really are. To be able to stay out here and practice with them until the lockout gets resolved … I’ll be in ridiculous shape.”
      There does seem to be something of a difference of opinion both among the national sporting press and Ochocinco's peers in the NFL about his little soccer sideshow. Most will say that it's nothing more than a PR stunt, and it's certainly hard to argue the point. Nevertheless, Ochocinco definitely has an argument when he says that playing soccer will keep him in "ridiculous shape." Soccer may not be as brutally violent as football is, but there's no denying that the sport requires elite athleticism.
      In other words, Ochocinco could be doing worse things with his time. Like, for example, hanging out in malls and getting into heated exchanges with rent-a-cops over his appearance.
      For more NFL coverage
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

...or deep into soccer's women...? LOL
        Peter R

Comment

Well he is French, so...
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
          X