No announcement yet.

USA...USA...USAaaaaaaaa!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A big part of the problem though with the USA is that many of the players start out with soccer as a starter sport but 90% of them will not continue with by the time they are in high school. This is because of the lure of the more popular sports, American football, basketball and base ball. Soccer loses most of the best athletes by the time the kids get to high school and college.

I think with MLS continuing to taking a foothold, that could change. Kids and their parents will soon realize they can go to the MLS or professional leagues abroad are lucrative and viable options for their charges.

It will get better, they only need to stem the flow...
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Good eye Tilla !!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

When the MLS release their hold over the clubs so that they can pay their players more money, then you will see an explosion in the quality and popularity. This designated player business is foolishness. There is no way under a free market system should players like Beckham and Henry should be making these excessive amount of money for doing so little in comparision to players like Dane Richards and Omar Cummings.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

In the 'free market' system...it's not what fair--it's what negotiable.

Personally, I like the concept.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Shear thang pardner!

Ah wish y'all good luck now, ya hear...

Ayy mi son... look whe mi reach ... ah wish 'merica good luck!
            Peter R

Comment

Not only that Tilla but a lot of decent ballas will choose to go in the professional field rather than go the route Dane and Cummings went. Some guys graduating and getting jobs for 60 and 50 k easily and MLS or A league only paying 25 k? I had 4 good ballas who graduated and went that way or play A league for a year and then take a job.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
              X