No announcement yet.

Impressions on the game - Reggae Boyz vs Venuzuela

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments on the game from another forum.

Well, it was an experimental squad for Jamaica and Tappa. In the 2nd half poor decision making and cohesion.

Some players both local and foreign based not ready for this level of football and need to spend some time evaluating the playing with their clubs den wheel up and come again.

Our players also have exhibited no confidence passing the ball to each other in tight spaces.

Eric Vernon was a little warrior as usual but he needs some tactical intelligence. Every throw in he made for Jamaica was a 50/50 ball in the air, so we never established ball control from any throw-ins on his side. As I said lack of confidence passing the ball with their feet in tight spaces.

Well, it was an experimental squad for Jamaica and Tappa. In the 2nd half poor decision making and cohesion.

Some players both local and foreign based not ready for this level of football and need to spend some time evaluating the playing with their clubs den wheel up and come again.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Grinds: My review from ova suh!

Grinds:

My Review

Keeper 8 out of 10, kept us in this ball game the whole time. Collected his crosses well and was out in a flash to punch the ball way out. However, would have liked if he punched them to the sides instead of dead center.

Defense, NO GOOD! Too slow inthe back and rash in tackling.

Midfield: WOEFUL, NONEXISTENT, NOT PURPOSEFUL. Khari Stevens was I think a senior baller did not stamp his class on this game. They all played GIVE AWAY!!

Forward: Cho! A wha dat!!??? They had to come deep to get the balls or whenever they got them they bundled it. NO SHOT till the 88th minute is PAINFUL.No coordination, leaves me to wonder what were they practising for all last week and this before the match?

I am a Tappa fan,but is this performance indicative of NO BRADLEY STEWART, I HOPE NOT?! A performance like this is giving more room to have GAMA and HIM SON LUCIO as leaders of Jmaican Football VERY SOON. Tappa asked for a change and they granted him, is it a setup? Bwoy wi cyaan win, but I smell aconspiracy brewing in Tappa's pot. Watch yu self mi yout. And this damn team not even try to make an impact and make a GOOD case for him. Thats all for now people, the rant is done. Now, Zilla and crew come give us your take......
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

This was a waste of a game as it did not achieve nothing.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Further by what I saw the technical staff were not alert to the fact that in the first half the Venezuelans waltzed around...and would come with swift counter-punches/attacks in the 2nd half.
          I see you are skirting around calling out Tappa? Bout "the technical staff".

Good one Karl!
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Its a friendly game ppl, trial and error affi gwaan.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

ah good.. mi nuh know who tell dem fi ah dem yah game ah Mobay....

Tink dem can get wheh wid dem level ah effery ah di office ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                I agree with you 100%. It is the worst game I have ever seen. I do not thing it could be worst than one of the DPL game.
                "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

If they intend to play international games here on a regular basis, they will need to re-do the field. It was terrible.
                  "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

yuh can play dem game in front ah 50 people ??

is wha really ah gwaan ?

No bleachas no fear...

Comment

Is which field the Venuzuelans play pon, Stadium?

Comment

Pressha mi ah deal wid... mi nevah hear nuh booing...

Yuh haffi unnastan di mentality.. nuh worry yuhself..

Comment

Neville 'Bertis' Bell, horrible football commentator, have no idea why they keep him as a commentator

he gets distracted a lot especially if the game is not a good one, you should hear him when he used to do the DPL, he would talk about the BPL, La Liga, Serie A and even MLS and go a long time without even mention the game we are watching.

He also does games all by himself which I find amusing in this day and age when sensible tv people are putting up to three peoiple ina booth
                          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                            I hear you jangle, but it did point out that we need to look at other players.

Comment

I was lisening only to hear the score as I came to the conclusion after the first 10 minutes that he is not really calling the game. He seem to be more intent on showing off his knowledge of the game outside the match on which he is commentating. Another thing with him, you never hear him say the player makes a good pass, a good header or the like. It is always "it is not a bad one!"

Maybe I am too critical, but I am not happy with his commentary.
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                                Is which field the Venuzuelans play pon, Stadium?
                                Was not trying to make an excuse. Just making a point. Did u c my post before that one?

Comment

Working...
                                X