Impressions on the game - Reggae Boyz vs Venuzuela

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressions on the game - Reggae Boyz vs Venuzuela

First if Tappa was in midfield the members on the board would be moaning about him being "not getting in the game".

The same nonsense that occurred when Tappa was being cussed is occurring. The defenders are sending balls sky-high above the midfielders. Of course they are not in the game. The silly defenders are booting the ball to the Venezuelans.

What the Venezuelans do on the field is no concern of mine...but that of our TEAM is. Our Reggae Boyz are playing exactly as the Venezuelans would like - slooooooooooooooow! I think the Venezuelans are hoping the Reggae Boyz continue booting the ball long to them and move around slowly/waltzing around the field. ...so that in the latter stages of the game...they make rapid interchanging of the (swift passes - one-twos)and attack our goal. I expect those rapid moves - passing and movement - to occur on or around our penalty-area.

1. Our boyz will have been lulled into slow movement and be caught out when there is this sudden change of tempo by our opponents.

2. Our lack of intensity will limit the number of dangerous plays the Venezuelans will have to repel.

Aaaaaah bwoy? ...it appears that we could if we actually play some football take out the Venezuelans. I hope that seeing our players do not appear to realise what is happening around them, that at least "Tappa" ketch di rake!

Make our passes on the ground... Use our midfielders... use all our players... one unit...linked by swift, accurate one time passes... interject much passing and movement... unlease our 'speedi Gonzales pan di visitors dem'!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

This is a horrible game and I am losing valuable sleep time.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

2 goals in 1 minute to Venezuela
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

So it is...the Venezuelans hav picked up the pace and the Jamaicans have not got with the increased pace of the Venezuelans.

Reggae Boyz 0; Venezuelans 2
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Are you watching the game Karl? Otherwise, I cannot see how you have arrived at such a conclusion. Certainly not from the commentary I am hearing. Who is the commentator, is it Lance Whittaker, d Barnes or what?

Whatever is his name, he talks too much around the game and not on the game. You keep hearing so and so is not having a bad game or he did not make a bad pass, but seem afraid or reluctant to use the word "good".
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            2 goals in 1 minute to Venezuela
            Actually 4 swift moves by Venezuela that but for good saves by our goalkeeper it would have been 4.

Good build ups by Venezuela. ...yet our defenders also assisted with gifting the ball to that lead directly to the goals.

First one our defenders never met the ball!

Second one again the defenders never met the ball and further 2 defenders completely missed kicked when the ball 'came to them'.

We have been playing very well for the Venezuelans. Too many Reggae Boyz so far being perfect anti-TEAM players.

Sorry to say on the whole the overseas professionals are horrible!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
              Are you watching the game Karl? Otherwise, I cannot see how you have arrived at such a conclusion. Certainly not from the commentary I am hearing. Who is the commentator, is it Lance Whittaker, d Barnes or what?

Whatever is his name, he talks too much around the game and not on the game. You keep hearing so and so is not having a bad game or he did not make a bad pass, but seem afraid or reluctant to use the word "good".
              Why arent you watching the game?

Comment

Do you mean from th TVJ stream? I tried but could not get it. It went on for some time until it eventually timed out. Will check again.

Thanks
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I am getting it now. I tried during the first fifteen minutes but without success. Anyway, I am going to watch now.

Comment

I am getting it now. I tried during the first fifteen minutes but without success. Anyway, I am going to watch now.
                    Too late the game soon done...

The worst performance by a Tappa coached team.

Comment

Khari Stephenson didn't help him self with this performance tonight at all...he was slow, his decision making was to make back passes and the overall team performance was just sickening.

Comment

I got to see the last five minutes.

Comment

I watched the game. I called you repeatedly to give you the link.

The passes by our team save and except when the Venezuelans relaxed the pressure was terribly awful...and when the pressure was applied terrible!

I am sure you would not like me to lie?

Further by what I saw the technical staff were not alert to the fact that in the first half the Venezuelans waltzed around...and would come with swift counter-punches/attacks in the 2nd half.

The team played as if the technical staff never planned for that lifting of the pace by the Venezuelans...and that it is normal to vary the pace between waltzing and enhanced pace.

It never appeared as if the technical staff spoke to the TEAM on that possibility during the half-time instructions.

Our goalkeeper pulled off 3 outstanding saves.
                          Last edited by Karl; March 25, 2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Do you mean from th TVJ stream? I tried but could not get it. It went on for some time until it eventually timed out. Will check again.

Thanks
                            It was here. - http://www.televisionjamaica.com/LiveTV.aspx
                            On of Nemesis put it up.
                            Thank you, Nemesis.

...and the audio was terrible...so I turned that off and used KlasFM's audio feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
                              Khari Stephenson didn't help him self with this performance tonight at all...he was slow, his decision making was to make back passes and the overall team performance was just sickening.
                              ...and too many times...like all his teammates...gave the ball to the Venezuelans (anti-TEAM or it could be called, "playing on the TEAM Venezuela"!)

Comment

Working...
                              X