X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Brown is hoping he can keep Bolton Wanderers full-back

Phil Brown is hoping he can keep Bolton Wanderers full-back
    Gardner: Has impressed Brown

Phil Brown is hoping he can keep Bolton Wanderers full-back Ricardo Gardner at Preston North End beyond his loan spell.
    Gardner is spending a month at Deepdale and is currently scheduled to return to Bolton after the game against Reading on 5th April.
    The 32-year-old is out of contract at Bolton in the summer and Preston boss Brown has been impressed by Gardner's impact to date.

Brown said: "Ricardo has been a God-send to us. At this time of his career, he is probably looking at his parent club and wondering what is happening.
    "He's been there 13 years, and is part and parcel of their recent heritage and history. Now it is maybe time for him to move on. That is a conversation I'll have to have with Ricardo and certainly with Owen Coye.
    "I'm close to him and hopefully we can go forward together. For me, Ricardo is still a Premier League-quality player.
    "I'm just thanking my lucky stars, and my friendship with Owen Coyle, that we have him here. Considering he'd only played once all season until he came here, Ricardo's fitness levels are frighteningly good."
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

I think he should move to Preston, especially if he can get playing time there. For months he is not getting even a sniff at the bench at Bolton.

If his contract is out with Bolton in the summer, then Phil Brown will have no problems signing Gardner if they can agree to terms. The problem here though is they may not be able to match the salary he is earning at Bolton.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

he is eleigible for a testimonial at bolton i am sure ...... salary? what salary? if he is out of a contract he will be unemployed!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

If his legs keep up during this period it would not be long before a contract is offered to him.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
        X