No announcement yet.

JFF looks to Brazil fo Kit Sponsors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are "we" running to Brasil for a kit? Because "they" are 5 time World Champions as you suggest? Are they world famous for making kits?

Comment

Point remains...why look to Brasil for a kit?

Comment

I think I understand what Brickie is saying....lawd look wha me come to?..and to a point I agree with him, Brazil is not known for their great kits, rather their great football players and that is a big difference
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

You know how Jamaicans are big on name brand. Hey, if Kappa decides to give you a kit deal worth US$1.5 million over five years, Addidas gives the same amount for 1 year, Under Armour gives US$2.5 million for 2 years and Penalty decides to offer US$10 million over 4 years, who would you choose?

I know the average Jamaican is not going to want to war a shirt with a brand name Penalty on it. First the name has a negative connotation, secondly, it lacks brand recognition in the global market.

Anyway, for all I care, they could wear Crimson Dawn if the deal is good enough. I really do not have the need to identify with the big brand name.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I agree with you Tilla and I am sure the JFF will make the best judgement regardless of brand name but bear in mind we also had Lanzera which was not a brand name then or now...Kappa was the closest we came to a brand name but I see teams here wearing Jomo shirts
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

What is this fixation with a so-called named brand kit? If a sponsor offers polyester for $1M/year we betta tek it fast...
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

We don't need a name brand kit...what we need is a dynamic upstart willing to market brand Jamaica virally...Puma style adverts on social network sites like youtube, twitter and facebook don't cost a lot and have huge upside...or we can take a pittance from a crappy Brasilian manufacturer

Comment

what the brasilian manufacturer gives you that brandname marketing?

they should do what would do with Nike .... who is giving us the best deal?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I am sure this will change Brickie's mind.

Enough said!!
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I am just amazed at the BMI%
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Butts, Mammaries and... what the I stand for?
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Please be serious Sickko...
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

and what makes you think I am not?
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Did someone say "camel toe" ?
                              Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                                Did someone say "camel toe" ?
                                Who knew I would see that here, its so puritanical at times here.

Comment

Working...
                                X