Gamma how unnuh live under dis ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamma how unnuh live under dis ?

I'm proud of Arsenal's achievements! Wenger insists sixth trophyless season wouldn't force him out the door
    By LAURA WILLIAMSON

Last updated at 1:49 AM on 19th March 2011

Arsene Wenger has insisted he has no intention of leaving Arsenal, even if the club endures a sixth season without a trophy.

The Gunners' Carling Cup final defeat and exits in the Champions League and FA Cup have led some fans to question whether the Frenchman remains the right man for the job.

But Wenger said: ‘You ask about my commitment? When I sign a contract I respect it. (If) you look at what we did this season, it deserves a lot of credit. Would anybody have predicted that we are where we are, in front of Chelsea and Man City and fighting for the championship? Nobody.

Stuck in the middle: Arsene Wenger's job is a constant balancing act
    ‘We should be proud of what we did until now. So let people talk and let us do the job.’

But Wenger did concede that the Arsenal dressing room is a quieter place than it was in 2004, when ‘The Invincibles’ team won the Premier League title, and there is no obvious vocal leader.

In April 2004, for example, Arsenal were 2-1 down to Liverpool at half-time, but a Thierry Henry-inspired comeback saw the Gunners win 4-2.
    Wenger said: ‘I must say, at half-time in the dressing room (against Liverpool) I felt that the team was really on their knees.

Raising spirits: Wenger concedes the dressing room has a different aura these days

‘They needed some alert speech to come back and bounce back and, on the day, Thierry Henry made a massive difference in the second half and Liverpool accepted that we were superior.

‘Is it a quieter dressing room now? Maybe. But I am convinced that Arsenal has a special meaning for them and that will come out.’

The goalkeeper who played all 38 League games for that unbeaten team of 2003-04, Jens Lehmann, is now back at Arsenal and hoping to give ‘that extra bit of conviction’ to the players.

The 41-year-old told the club’s offical website: ‘In terms of experience, I am still good, so I need to give that onto the young lads.

‘I hope we will be successful in getting the trophy, to give that extra bit of conviction to the players - that is why I am here and why the boss has asked me to come.’

Lehmann was working as a TV pundit at the Nou Camp when Arsenal’s No.1 goalkeeper, Wojciech Szczesny, dislocated his finger.

It took two text messages from goalkeeper coach Gerry Peyton for Lehmann to realise Arsenal wanted him to play for them again.

Lehmann added: ‘Later Arsene Wenger called me to ask if I was available, and I said: “Let me talk to my wife.” Now I am here. I am happy about it, for an exciting finish of my career and I will try to get the best out of it.’

More...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1H2skOPak
    Last edited by Karl; March 19, 2011, 01:11 PM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

in rafa we trust?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

sorry houllier

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

sorry hodgson

Comment

sorry ... who's the coach now?

Comment

How much trophies were won under all that chaos ? and will continue to win ?

Boss you under so called stable leadership from the Zen and cant win quatty!

Food for thought the chaos is behind us.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

so you say.....

Comment

Working...
              X