X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palace could recall Davis to face his former club

Palace could recall Davis to face his former club

Claude Davis

DEFENDER Claude Davis is in line to be recalled by Crystal Palace to face former club Derby County this weekend.
    Davis could replace suspended centre-back Paddy McCarthy when the Rams visit Selhurst Park on Saturday.
    The Jamaican international has not started a game since the end of December – his last four appearances have come from the bench.
    But McCarthy will miss the Derby match following his red card in Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Queens Park Rangers.

"I have always been ready," said Davis.
    "It has been a bit frustrating not starting but what can I do but keep on training hard and wait for my chance?
    "It is not about whether I am starting or not, it is about being a team player and then doing what I do best – playing football."
    Derby paid Sheffield United £3m for Davis in the summer of 2007 but he struggled to establish himself at Pride Park and left to join Palace two years later, following a loan spell.
    "It doesn't matter that we are playing a former club of mine," added the 32-year-old.
    "Derby is in the past. I enjoyed my time while I was there and that is done now.
    "Saturday is just another game and is important in our fight against relegation."
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi
Working...
X