O'Brian White:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'Brian White:

Saw White play (for the first time on TV) against the Galaxy two nights ago.

The fact that coach Sigi Schmidt started him means he must be of some value. He was substituted in the 78th minute.

O'Brian White did not stand out in this game. He appears ordinary. His first touch could be improved. He does not find and create space as a striker....

The positive is: I would select White over any NPL'er to play in the upcoming Gold Cup.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

The fact is OB was starved of service in that game. He maid some very good run into space. The wingers were making very bad passes all game. OB got one good chance and it missed. The commentators were talking about his running into space. He looked a lot sharper than a year ago and may have gotten his confidence back. If so it will only be a matter of time if the other two forwards start to combine well.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

HL personally I like to see Reggae Boy get service to his feet. I dont think he is a target player. he could be a shadow striker more than anything..

Comment

He must have been doing lots of things right to make it this far. His college career was brilliant I heard.

Watching one game is not enough for me to draw an objective conclusion.

Hoping he will become a great player!
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

you have to keep in mind that he was coming back from an ACL surgery and Toronto is not the idea place for a youngster as after losing two games they go out and buy some wash up European balla or 2nd division player instead of building a team.

We will see how he progress this season. Seattle will be playing the Red Bull this weekend and Colorado will be on Fox Sport World Saturday night.

Is Ricketts injured? I didn't see all of the game but he was nowhere in sight.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Is Ricketts injured? I didn't see all of the game but he was nowhere in sight.
            I read somewhere that he picked up an injury in a preseason match and was fighting to be ready for the kickoffs. The article I read gave the impression that the injury was not very serious, but they may not have wanted to take unnecessary risk bring him back too soon.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

thanks T.

Comment

Working...
              X