4 Weeks ago, Arsene Wenger and his players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Weeks ago, Arsene Wenger and his players

were talking how they can win 4 trophies. Really? I thought. T?he following week they were beaten by Birmingham in the Carling Cup final. 2 weeks after that, they were dumped out of the UCL by Barca, a tie they were leading from the first leg, then a few days later they were dumped out of the FA Cup by a MU team with 7 defenders in the starting line up.

Arsenal fans, next time, win 1 trophy before predicting how unuh can win the lot.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Arsenal best players somehow play a month then out for one month. Walcott, Van Persie, Cesc. These are the players who can make a difference but it never seems like 2 of them can start in a game that is value 2 weeks in a row.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

BoyU won this one with defense...particularly that of Edwin van dar Sar!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

a whe yu come from all of a sudden?

yu bright an have nuff fi sey when unuh win ... same ting yu "accuse" us of!
        Peter R

Comment

and then there was one!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            were talking how they can win 4 trophies. Really? I thought. T?he following week they were beaten by Birmingham in the Carling Cup final. 2 weeks after that, they were dumped out of the UCL by Barca, a tie they were leading from the first leg, then a few days later they were dumped out of the FA Cup by a MU team with 7 defenders in the starting line up.

Arsenal fans, next time, win 1 trophy before predicting how unuh can win the lot.
            .................................................. .................................................. .

Every P.L team that qualifies for europe CAN win four trophies. Whether they DO is another question.

Comment

I'm sure he said he wasn't going to win all 4 trophies.

Would you have twisted SAF words if MANU was in all 4 competitions?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
                I'm sure he said he wasn't going to win all 4 trophies.

Would you have twisted SAF words if MANU was in all 4 competitions?

Yuh sure bout dat?

Wenger - We can win all four trophies
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

However, with the games coming think and fast, Wenger knows his ambition could be extinguished very quickly.

Arsenal continue a run of four fixtures in four different competitions when they travel to Leyton Orient on Sunday in the FA Cup Fifth Round and then next week face Stoke in the Premier League and Birmingham in the League Cup Final.

“We want to go for every single competition, I have said that many times,” reiterated Wenger.

“How far will we go? I personally believe we can go in every competition to the end. But we can as well stop very quickly.

“It’s just down to how much we believe and how much commitment we show. What I am convinced of [is] we have the hunger, we have some talent and we are committed to going as far as we can.

“I can't tell you that we do not want to do it. We are in all the competitions so we will do our best. My job is to get the team as far as it can.

“You do not choose at the moment to drop any competition, it would be silly. How far we will be capable to go, I don't know. My job is to take the team as far as we can.”
                  Do not see the assurances that he shall!

Seems to me that Wenger was talking about doing the best he and his team can do?
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl,

Yu have time fi Lazie, him have selective vision and comprehension...
                    Peter R

Comment

Hide from it all unuh want ... What does Nasri have to say?

Nasri told the Times: “Of course we can win all four trophies,
                      “We have a big squad and everyone coming back from injury. That’s good news and a massive boost for the team.”

Nasri: Of course we can win all four trophies

Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri has boldly predicted the North London Premier League club has the capabilities to win an unprecedented quadruple of trophies this season.
                      Their scintillating 2-1 victory over Barcelona in the Champions League has seemingly fueled the French playmaker’s believe that Arsene Wenger’s side are on the cusp of something extremely special and although they trail league leaders Manchester United by four points and still have to negotiate their away leg at the Nou Camp, Nasri is bullish about their chances of winning all four trophies this season.
                      The Gunners travel to Leyton Orient in the FA Cup fifth round on Sunday before facing Birmingham City in the Carling Cup final a week later, and Nasri believes if the squad can avoid major injuries for the remainder of the season, they can better the efforts of Manchester United in 1999, when Sir Alex Ferguson’s side won the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League .
                      Nasri told the Times: “Of course we can win all four trophies,
                      “We have a big squad and everyone coming back from injury. That’s good news and a massive boost for the team.”

Comment

First it was Wenger you point the finger at , now Nasri? So why yuh nevah put Nasri quote up first? You mussi was a google plenty bwoy...
                        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                          First it was Wenger you point the finger at , now Nasri? So why yuh nevah put Nasri quote up first? You mussi was a google plenty bwoy...
                          When unuh done read Nasri I'm gonna post some fan blogs as well. There was talk of winning 4 trophies especially after winning the first game against Barca ...

Comment

Mr. President don't waste your time on Baby Leatherskin, him a try deflect your irrefutable observations.
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Eyy , who am I to say anyone's observations is refutable or not? I NEVER made any such claims about the person whose very shadow you worship with IRREFUTABLE dog-like loyalty... unuh a lemmings fi true...LOL

BTW, I have spoken here about reading WITH comprehension... that particular skill seems to have made itself a stranger to you... let me s-p-e-l-l it out for you...

When Karl cited Wenger's full quote (as opposed to the sound bite that suited his (Lazie's)position), your Laziness merely sought another (Nasri's) that would fit his initial contention... and that I pointed out. I never refuted NOR agreed with anything... a which school yu did guh? muss mek sure none a mi pickney dem pickney guh deh ..LOL
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X