Now this is strange on the football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is strange on the football

forum; the U20 is in Brasil training but the hypocrites won't even mention it.

I guess if Edwards was complaining that the Brasilians took his job (the seeds of discontent and division) this site would be flooded with comments.

This is what the coach had to say
    Edwards learns from the Gamas
    LIVINGSTON SCOTT With Jamaica’s U-20 REGGAE BOYZ in Brazil
    Sunday, March 06, 2011

Jamaica's Under-20 coach Andrew Edwards said working with Brazilian coaches Walter and Luciano Gama has been an enlightening experience for him so far and he is savoring every moment.

Edwards, who was handed the responsibility of preparing the team back home before they departed for Brazil on Thursday, said suggestions he would have been marginalised when the Brazilian pair took charge of the team has not proven so.

On the contrary, he noted that the two have been very accommodating and have relied on his judgement and experience with the players and have included him in all their discussions and decision-making, and this, he pointed out, can only benefit the team.

"I don't see Luciano and Walter Gama here to take over my job; they are here to help improve Jamaica's football and certainly, I'm learning a lot from them and I'm really excited about working with them," he told the Sunday Observer yesterday.

"They seem very much to know what they're doing and although there is a little difficulty in terms of the language, Luciano speaks very good English and Walter expresses himself quite well.

"But the good thing is that I'm included in all the meetings and every decision that is being made, and I have specific responsibilities just the same, so I really don't feel excluded," he added.

"It has been comfortable and workable and things are looking good so far," Edwards told the Sunday Observer following yesterday's morning session.
    The St Elizabeth Technical (STETHS) coach has been so impressed with the father and son pair that he has started to record the sessions, for documentation and future analysis for his personal development as a coach.

"It has been a tremendous experience over the two sessions in terms of what I have learned as a coach and in terms of our communication and camaraderie... and I'm kept in the loop of all things so it can only get better from here," he added.

Oh and the board was clamouring for passing drills and shooting drills. Well the Brasilians are having them going through the motions of attacking without the ball , shooting and so forth . Guess what? it's paying off. U20 is scoring more goals. In time they will learn to hold a lead or tie to kill off a game.

Work in progress

DAY two into Jamaica's Under 20 football squad three week training camp in Brazil and coaches Andrew Edwards and Luciano Gama are already pleased with the progress of the Young Boyz.

However, senior team midfielder Oniel Fisher and goalkeeper Shaven Paul had to pull out of the evening session due to minor injuries.

PORTO FELIZ, BRAZIL — Jamaica’s Under-20 players cool down after completing yesterday’s evening training session here at the Traffic Academy facility. (Photo: Livingston Scott)

PORTO FELIZ, BRAZIL — Jamaica’s Under-20 players cool down after completing yesterday’s evening training session here at the Traffic Academy facility. (Photo: Livingston Scott)

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
    1/1

Fisher suffered slight pain from an old knee injury and was ordered to rest for the evening, while Paul, who kicked the ground and hurted his ankle during the morning session, was forced to withdraw from the later session after aggravating the said injury.

But team doctor Carlton Fraser said the injuries were not too serious and the players should be back in training by Monday.
    Meanwhile, during the morning session the coaches concentrated on working on the team's shape, organisation and movement of the ball in offence, while the evening session was spent co-ordinating the team's attack.

"We have been trying to get them in line with the ball from the defensive clearance from the opponent, bring it under control and passing it out. We also insisted on patience, trying to get them more composed and not to hurry the attack," Edwards explained after yesterday morning training.

He noted that the workouts included physical preparation, flexibility and post-strength development as they are trying to incorporate as much as they can into the session with only three weeks to prepare the team.
    Gama concurred that it is very important to include all the different aspects during the sessions as time is of the essence.

"The focus is to do everything in the sessions — physical, tactical and technical — because we do not have a lot of time left and we don't want to lose anymore time, so we try to make the most of these beautiful conditions provided by the JFF to get the best of these players so they can qualify for World Cup," he said.

"They are all in the right (frame of) mind and physically they are ready to do... their best for the team and their country," he said.
    The evening session was spent mainly working on ball possession and attack and both coaches were pleased with how the players were progressing.

"We started out with a warm-up game, which is to encourage the passing and possessional play of the team, which will be totally emphasised every day.

"Then we moved into crossing and finishing, with a lot of off the ball movement and different combinations, before we ended with a squad game.

"There were some technical areas that were obviously deficient, but as we continued through the session the players showed good adaptation to the instructions and demands and I see us heading in the right direction," he told the Observer.

Unnuh mussi bex cause a Brasil dem ah learn ball. Mi use to Jakans by now. Ah same way if MIT or Caltech did tek couple cast engineering students fi teach dem, yuh would ah hear man aball bout how dem ah go so far when School deh ah cuba an if ah nutten dem aparents can sail pon one boat an go look fi dem.

Wi mussi fraid ah success; wi muh waan run wid di best of di best cause people might say how dem nuh gwaan wid nutten an his di best dem train wid? Nuh worry all is mind . JUST DO IT

Last edited by Karl; March 11, 2011, 05:11 PM.

Color is a good youth though. He is a pretty smart guy and is well grounded. I am sure he is prepared to see the bigger picture than just worry about himself and his personal gains.

Jawge, you really love the discontent though. I can sense your disappointment not having any to add your voice to on the forum.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

"Oh and the board was clamouring for passing drills and shooting drills. Well the Brasilians are having them going through the motions of attacking without the ball , shooting and so forth . Guess what? it's paying off. U20 is scoring more goals. In time they will learn to hold a lead or tie to kill off a game."

So when them do attacking and shooting drills without the ball.. how dem know when dem score ???

Comment

who name color ?

Comment

how the grass look suh good

Comment

Andrew Edwards, the JFF coach assigned to the Under-20 team. Sorry, I thought everyone on here knew him by that name.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Then Tilla yuh nuh shame? One of our own forumites coaching a team and not more coverage on the site? Mi neva know ah color. Nuff respect to emperor and him faambly.

Gwaan color , mi proud ah yuh.

Comment

You did not know..the grass is greener on the other side of the ocean...
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                  Then Tilla yuh nuh shame? One of our own forumites coaching a team and not more coverage on the site? Mi neva know ah color. Nuff respect to emperor and him faambly.

Gwaan color , mi proud ah yuh.
                  In defense of Tilla - Jawge a yuh shudda immediately kno seh a wan a wi a coach di team.

Cho mi lose afta yuh!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

True dat; now dat yuh ah talk.

Mi haff more fi say towards di team still but likkle more.

Comment

Working...
                    X