X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenger: 'We did not expect to lose like that'

Arsène Wenger

Wenger: 'We did not expect to lose like that'

On some controversial refereeing decisions…
    Two kinds of people can be unhappy; those who love Arsenal and those who love football can be frustrated with the referee's decisions. When he made the decision it was a very promising game, very interesting. That’s the regret. We lost against a very good Barcelona side, congratulations to them and good luck for the future. We have many regrets tonight because we didn’t expect to lose the game like that. I feel sorry for people who watched the game tonight.

On Robin van Persie’s sending off…
    If you have played football at a certain level, you cannot understand the decision. I cannot imagine that someone who has played football, in a game of that importance, makes that decision at the moment he did. Even if he heard the whistle, I still don’t understand the decision. People who have played football will never accept a decision like that. It killed a promising, fantastic football match. What for? If it’s a bad tackle and a second-bookable offence then OK.

On whether Arsenal would have won the game with 11 men…
    Yes. I felt Barcelona gave a lot in the first half where we were completely dominated, I agree with that. But in the second half, you felt there was more space and, I knew, like in the first game, we would come back into the game. I am convinced we would have won this game.

On Wojciech Szczesny’s injury…
    [It’s] a dislocated finger. We have to check the tendon and see how much damage is done.

On not having a shot on target…
    Once we were down to ten men it was very difficult. We had a very difficult first half. Barcelona played, a little bit, a poker game by giving absolutely everything in the first half. After that, it became difficult with ten men against eleven. I feel Barcelona are good enough to win in a normal way against anybody. You want to be given a chance to play a normal football match. Everybody has the same regret in our dressing room.

On having a lot to play for this season…
    How big is the blow? We don’t know. That depends on our response on Saturday at Manchester United.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

No reason for Wenger to be disingenuous.

There was not going to be any 'magical' turnaround from Arsenal.. sending off or no sending off.. fact of the matter is they scored no goals and had zero shots.. trying to hang on through wave after wave of attack... dem try pull a AC Milan and it FAIL.. b1tch ball fail..

suh it guh..

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
      dem try pull a AC Milan
      What did AC milan do?

Comment

sorry.. Inter Milan.. last season

Comment

Working...
        X