PNE seal Gardner loan switch

Midfielder eligible to play against Leeds on Tuesday

Last updated: 8th March 2011

Gardner: Month at Deepdale
    Related links

Teams
    Players
    Also see

// A bit of a hack but it works // The article snippet is wrapped onto a second line, even when #article-sub is empty if( $("div#article-sub").children().length == 0 ) { $("div#article-sub").remove(); }Preston North End have completed the signing of Ricardo Gardner from Bolton on an emergency loan.
    The 32-year-old has been drafted in as cover by manager Phil Brown who has seen his side decimated by injuries.
    The veteran midfielder, who has played for Wanderers since 1998 and during Brown's six-year tenure as assistant manager, will be available for a month until 6th April as the club look to avoid relegation.
    With Preston sitting rock bottom in the Championship, 10 points from safety, the Jamaican international will hope his experience can help snap a 13-game winless streak.
    Gardner looks set to come straight into the side to face Leeds on Tuesday after his paperwork was completed.
    With the midfielder making just one appearance for the Trotters this term in the Carling Cup win over Southampton in August, Bolton manager Owen Coyle was keen for Gardner, who can also play at full-back to step up his return to fitness.
    Coyle told the club's official website: "Ricardo has worked really hard to recover from his injury and get himself back up to speed and Preston presents an opportunity for him to sharpen up his match fitness."

good for him. Get a run yes my youth.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Good move & it looks like he is back...
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Watch di diamon rise again. Di Manager ah si weh him hab lef an di diamon ago show dem.

Comment

time to move on son.....good luck.
          “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Yeah, if his body holds up for the rest of the season, he is likely to be released.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Him need to keep in shape for di WC campaign... might even need him for Gold Cup..

Comment

If he still has something to contribute to the team, which we will see from his performances this year, he should be involved.

Comment

how old him going be for the next WORLD CUP?

Comment

inna fi yuh opinion kyaan fight yuh fi dat now, but mi nuh ready

Comment

A how much duppy we have play fi we???

You know how much time mi hear Goodison, Bibi, Marshall and Andy Williams DONE yet them still a roll ball inna league. It seems like them have nine life to rhatid. X soon call out Nandi now .
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

To be fair, I was beginning to wonder if Bibi had retired. He has not seen much playing time in months! The last time I think he played for Bolton was in something like a Carling Cup match in August 2010. I was beginning to wonder how do they still keep him on the books.

Anyway, this is his opportunity to use the lower league and get match fit again. I am sure his club will be closely monitoring his stay with PNE to see if he is worth keeping at this stage or let him go.

As to whether he should be kept on the Reggae Boyz side, if he still has it and can earn his game, then by all means. If he is not playing regular football, whether at Bolton or PNE, then I would not expect him to be able to just step into the international game like that.
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

What about our other local-English players - Claude Davis, Stewart etc? I haven't heard much about them in recent times.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Claude Davis (Age 29) is a regular starter with his team Crystal Palace, while Damion Stewart (Age 30)is a regular starter with Bristol City.

Both I think can contribute to the team, but I am not sure why they were not called. If you remember, Damion Stewart had a dispute with the coaching staff at the last Gold Cup and was sent home for that reason. I am not sure if he was ever recalled to the national team since.

But why should we recall these guys who are playing regularly for their clubs when we can see if Bibi has the energy to pull his Reggae Boyz shirt over his head? If he can pass that test, you know he will be called.

Anyway, not making a case for the inclusion or exclusion of anyone. I am just prepared to watch and see who will be called.
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Based on the recent games I have seen Claude play, the man looks like he has lost a couple steps and his wildness has increased. He is probably still a better option than most of our defenders, but I don't think it would be wise to have him and stew peas in the same starting lineup.

Comment

Working...
                              X