Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets avoid the mistakes of the past

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/weste...e-past_8459352
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Nice read!
    ...huge omissions on and about "the way forward"....but then no one article can comprehensively address that.

Good read!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

'The way forward' was never the idea for this article, I leave that to the bright people like you and others here
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Lovely article Sickko. I read it earlier in the Observer's Western section.

Let's hope the JFF will put some emphasis on urging the players to lift their games in order to make the natural progression into the senior team. I know that not all of them can make the grade but it would be nice to see them make the effort for the upgrade.
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

It is good to se the JFF have invited five of the U17s in to the Senior team
            Che Guevara.

Comment

JFF have been doing a decent job since Tappa take over of calling a lot of players especially young ones and they came through with the under 17. I hope we can continue.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sickko must say the facility by Catherine Hall is lovely. The field needs some work. Any idea what the plans are.. Who did the work on the original field that was move to Ntl stadium. Was it turf or from seed?

Comment

Good article but take it easy with our hero Jason. He is just a school boy, he is going to miss some clear chances.

Despite four goals from Jason Wright, it is clear that that we need two more performing strikers

The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Moving the original field to the stadium helped the field in MoBay.. the grounds were not been used and the grass was growing; when the grass was moved it grew back better and even more lush, then it was loaned to the FA here and they messed it up hence the need for the 'refurbishing' by Brandon.

I am not sure who did it the first time but it should not be hard to find out.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Everybody who plays Under 17 for Jamaica are schoolboys Time, would you jump to any one's else defence if they were not from Wolmers Boys?
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                        Everybody who plays Under 17 for Jamaica are schoolboys Time, would you jump to any one's else defence if they were not from Wolmers Boys?
                        Perhaps, perhaps not. Police defend Police, PNP defend PNP, JLP defend JLP and you a born and bred westman defended the D Cup players who were left off the squad.

This kid carried a nation on his back and scored four goals. He did not need to read an article by #1 sport journalist in Jamaica praising 2 other players but questioning his effectiveness. You should have praised him and ask Tappa and Downswell to help him to focus and improve the strike rate.

You done know me already, Age Qoud Agis to the world.
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                          Biased against Wolmer's?

Central defender Alvas Powell of Paul Bogle High (D Cup School!!) is arguably the best player in the squad while midfielder Omar Holness (No mention of which school he attends????) could blossom into a quality midfielder.
                          However, there are gaping holes which were evident even against CONCACAF opponents. Despite four goals from Jason Wright (guess which school him attend?), there are questions marks about his effectiveness and without Powell against Panama, our defence was badly exposed.

Age Qoud Agid to the World.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/weste...#ixzz1Fuf4SllS

Comment

i share the powell observation ... the lad has something and was a cut above... have never seen holness in training but he sometimes looks lethargic and disinterested on the field.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I thpught my article was to critique the team not to defend west players left off the team, I knew more than you the make up of the team and in my opinion the best player on the team was the tall central defender who got red card vs the USA- Alvas Powell.

Regardless if the number 10 player was from Cornwall or Mars, the fact is he needs some work and no one has tried to downplay what he did so back off and go wave your Wolmers flag elsewhere.

The only flag we saw at Catherine Hall those two weeks were the green, black and gold.

All 20 players in the squad carried the nation on their backs not just one player.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X