Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyz play Venezuela March 25 in MoBay

JFF wise up & goes for a smaller venue.

THE senior Reggae Boyz will play their first international friendly of the year against Venezuela on March 25, Capt Horace Burrell, president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), revealed yesterday.

Jamaica have not played an international since capturing the Digicel Caribbean Cup in December and missed an available FIFA date on February 9 this year.

"The senior Reggae Boyz will play a very big friendly international on Friday, 25th of March at Catherine Hall in Montego Bay at 7:00 pm. The game will be against Venezuela and I am inviting everyone to be there," said Burrell.

"The capacity is 7,000 and because of that I am asking persons to purchase their tickets early. Let me ask for the understanding of everyone," he pleaded.

During the recent CONCACAF U-17 Championship in Western Jamaica, Burrell had promised if the fans turned out in their numbers, he would bring an international game to that side of the island.

"It is a very small venue and to bring the Venezuelan team here is very costly, so based on that, I'll be asking you to dig into your pockets because it is important for us to play as to keep Jamaica in the FIFA ranking, which will enable our players to be eligible for work permits in the United Kingdom,"
    he noted.

He added: "As you all know, every single player would like to play their football in the United Kingdom, that's where the money is."

As at January, 2011, the FIFA Coca/Cola world ranking has Jamaica at 59 after dropping one place.

Burrell also challenged the Edward Seaga-led Premier League Clubs Association (PLCA) to rethink their stance on boycotting the CONCACAF Club Championships.

But Seaga reiterated their decision not to participate, saying it is just not feasible.

Meanwhile, the JFF has contributed $100,000 to the Barrington 'Cobra' Gaynor benefit fund.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1FarXjfVp
    Last edited by Karl; March 4, 2011, 10:15 AM.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

In the clip I saw on TV last night Cpt was honest to say that they moved the game to MoBay cause they know they cant get a decent crowd in Kingston on a Friday (all a dem a Adventist now?) and that was the only day the team would come here, sounds like venezuela was in the area and we just grab them for a quickie
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

either that or them a line up a Kentucky and Mcdonalds fi friday night dinner.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Is that a FIFA date?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
          Is that a FIFA date?
          Yes
          25-29 MarchInternational match daysAll FIFA events here
          http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/calendar/events.html

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            either that or them a line up a Kentucky and Mcdonalds fi friday night dinner.

Ding Ding Ding! Yerrr Right! Mi nah miss Kentucky fi nuttin pon Friday night. Ahwoah!

Comment

dem fix the field yet?... whats the results of the Trewlany stadium testing.. I wonder of a reporter would follow up..

Comment

Originally posted by Pbanta View Post
                Yes
                25-29 MarchInternational match daysAll FIFA events here
                http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/calendar/events.html
                Tks

Comment

Working...
                X