U20 going to Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U20 going to Brazil

U-20 Reggae Boyz going to Brazil to prepare for CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers

Coach Andrew Edwards.

Jamaica’s under-20 Reggae Boyz wrapped up their local preparation for the 2011 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers with a 2-2 draw with Digicel Premier League outfit Boys Town at Collie Smith Drive in Kingston on Wednesday.
    The junior Boyz had defeated Arnett Gardens 2-1 on Tuesday.

Twenty three of the 24-man squad will depart for Brazil on Thursday.
    Coach Andrew Edwards explains what they will be looking for in Brazil to enhance their preparation for the World Cup qualifying tournament.

"The preparation will be total. We will have to look at the tactical and technical aspects of the game, which is what we see on the field everyday but the psychological aspect is (also) very import. Central America is a very difficult place for Jamaica to play … historically we’ve not done very well down there, so we definitely want to make sure that psychologically the boys are prepared to deal with whatever adversity may come their way," he said.

Marvin Morgan of Boys Town, who is in Europe on trial, will join the Jamaican team training in Brazil.

The squad, which features 12 players who topped the Caribbean first round qualifier in Guyana, in October, will be reduced to 20 for the CONCACAF qualifiers in Guatemala City from March 28 to April 10
    Last edited by Karl; March 3, 2011, 06:52 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I hope for the best and hope that they can qualify. With Walter Gama being on board the preparation will be better than normal, but at this stage the bad habbits gained at the local level are even harder to correct. That is why I hoped that they would make Gama work with the Under 17 team instead.

The team seems to have good attacking options. Most of the time we usually have talented attackers, but keeping possession in midfield and defense usually is the problem. Good luck to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      I hope for the best and hope that they can qualify. With Walter Gama being on board the preparation will be better than normal, but at this stage the bad habbits gained at the local level are even harder to correct. That is why I hoped that they would make Gama work with the Under 17 team instead.

The team seems to have good attacking options. Most of the time we usually have talented attackers, but keeping possession in midfield and defense usually is the problem. Good luck to them.
      Keeping possession - period, is a huge problem!
      ..and it runs from high school through U-17s - U-20 - Olympic squad - Seniors!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

This photo looks very familiar, wonder if I can send an invoice to RJR for payment...SMH
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
          This photo looks very familiar, wonder if I can send an invoice to RJR for payment...SMH
          I do not see why not. They know better
          "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

You hope they know better...
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

I support this move whole heartedly. Truly hope the psychological aspect is taken into serious consideration. JFF should also arrange for them to watch some club games (even see how the teams prepare for the game) to see how all they have learnt is put into effect.

Come back this time with some serious football knowledge.

Comment

Working...
              X