X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jack in A Box" - A blog take on Jack Warner

From Bill Archer at BigSoccer:

Jack in A Box
    Fast forward to last week and a lovely five star Montego Bay resort where the Caribbean Football Union showed him just how deeply they care about this kind of thing; he was re-elected for another four year term which wasn't surprising considering that, as always, he was running unopposed.

Replace Jack Warner? Why on Gods' Earth would they want to do that? As he himself reminded the Assembled Federation Presidents:

"each of you received over $1.3 million in the last four years".

Which of course for "countries" like The Turks and Caicos (population 18,122), Montserrat (9,341), Anguilla (14,254) and the British Virgin Island (19,100) - to name a few - is one whole hell of a lot more money than they were going to collect from, say, youth registrations or car washes. Or bake sales, unless Jamaica brings the brownies.
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

And another person in the same position would cut off the funding?

BTW, What the heck does Montserrat which probably has maybe 5,000 people (unless a bag ah dem return after the volcano eruption some years back) doing wid $1.3 M??

Looks fishy to me...
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post

BTW, What the heck does Montserrat which probably has maybe 5,000 people (unless a bag ah dem return after the volcano eruption some years back) doing wid $1.3 M??

Looks fishy to me...
      What kind of fish? A Whale? (doh dem is a mammal, but you get the point).
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Looks fishy to me...
        Not too many years past all the CFU countries were used to receiving a big fat ZERO!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl,

You are right, this is a vast improvement and I recognize that. But that is as it should be, isn't it? I'm just wondering why Montserrat (for example) with its population base would warrant the same stipend as say JA?

I hope I interpreted that blog correctly; that is what it suggested to me.
          Peter R

Comment

because like brasil, germany, france, italy etc, they have 1 vote at congress

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

so, while each country's vote is equal regardless of population, it still doesn't make sense to me, to dole out money on that basis (if that is in fact the case)... that would border on vote-buying, right?
              Peter R

Comment

if one wants to be cynical ..... the counter that is that each country is treated equally.

what each FA does with the money is really the BIG issue!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

What amazes me with Warner is/was the lament that he, personally, has/had been funding the TTFF and to a lesser extent the FFs of other islands... just how did he come by those millions he has at his disposal anyway?
                  Peter R

Comment

he invested his school teacher's pension wisely?!!

Comment

Karl,

You are right, this is a vast improvement and I recognize that. But that is as it should be, isn't it? I'm just wondering why Montserrat (for example) with its population base would warrant the same stipend as say JA?

I hope I interpreted that blog correctly; that is what it suggested to me.
                      They would receive or not receive!

I have had a passing look at some of these projects and it appears that the FIFA contribution is fixed.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I should consult with him and get some advice , I might meet up with him this coming Sunday in Chaguanas (his constituency) where he's funding, sorry, the government is funding a children's carnival show.
                        Peter R

Comment

Working...
                        X