Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This School Boy Football problem raises its ugly

head...

"I had invited several players from the west but because coaches wanted to keep their players for the daCosta Cup, the invitations were not taken up," said Downswell. "The team was selected from the players who made themselves available."

Critical Thinking trumps Household yapping...

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
    head...

"I had invited several players from the west but because coaches wanted to keep their players for the daCosta Cup, the invitations were not taken up," said Downswell. "The team was selected from the players who made themselves available."

Critical Thinking trumps Household yapping...

There are usually two sides to the story and then there is the real story

The coaches who made the decision to keep their players because of D Cup should shut up. However the parents and schools who made decisions based on academics need some solutions. Perhaps the JFF and ISSA should make arrangements for the players from the west to attend classes at Kingston schools. We not rich like american idol, idol pay for a tutor and keep the tutor in touch with the home school.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

I remember when Burrell bringle on St.James and many was saying this wasn't happening.

You never see smoke without fire.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It shouldn't cost too much for tutors. The ministry of Education must can provide that. While we not rich like Idols we can find cheaper ways of doing things.

People are even willing to donate their time especially retirees. I am sure if they ask the public they will get a few people who would donate their time and it nuh cost a cent.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Academy....

Comment

.. long time mi say fi get rid of this schoolboy leagues. But hey ... its tradition.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

dem can keep di leagues.. yuh haffi leave sumting fi certain 'schools'..

Juss have separate academy fi di best of di abounding talent..

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                dem can keep di leagues.. yuh haffi leave sumting fi certain 'schools'..

Juss have separate academy fi di best of di abounding talent..

mek the yout dem guh a school guh learn ... have the Parish FAs deal with youth development. Who waan see youth football will still see it.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Parish FA? you a joker or what?

Comment

guh school guh learn.. ??

Ah wondah if yuh following di Education situation in Jamaica ?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      Parish FA? you a joker or what?
                      Just mek yuh point if yuh have one.

Comment

Yes Lazie its sacred tradition and its also capitalism. Do you really believe if the JFF dares to ban ISSA football then the fan and financial support will be there for a Where You Live league?

The support that ISSA gets is rooted in the loyalty and comradery of school population, the parents and the alama mater. Look how many lawyers at Dudus commission. You hear any of them joking or showing off or cussing each other about which University they attended? No, them talking about which high school they attended.

ISSA raised the academic standards to failing few subjects. That must have excluded a few talented dunce head ballers. Where are they playing now? How is that league doing?

While we debating this, let eliminate cars in the national interest and force everybody to take the bus. Cars are competing with buses and buses are more efficient than cars. The country would save some foreign exchange.
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

I reject this excuse from WD... he is not speaking the truth, at least not the entire truth.

He got players in October from scouts and when we played Canada in the first game (lost 4-2) he admitted he did not know the players.

He had very few western players but one started in mid field, a youth from Cornwall who came through the Under 15 programme.

By the time they came back from Brazil he had several players from west in the team including Harrison from Munro and the mid fielder Blair from Mannings who the people had to beg him to look at before he relented.

From what i heard form Everton Tomlinson who was HOD to Brazil, he was told about another kid from Westmoreland who they say has the abilities, he took the kid for one weekend then sent him home.

It is amazing the Walker from Rusea's (hand ball in finals) was never called and Downswell told people he was too old yet he is younger by months than the back up goalkeeper Trench who is in the squad and kept against the US.

It is amazing that Brian Brown who scored the most goals in schoolboys football has NEVER even been invited to try out for the Under 20 team.

Yet we have a kid named Troy Moo-Pen from Manchester High who will never play in a serious game cause he is not good enough but we saw his family business making a contribution to the programme.

Some thing fishy going on.

PS The Blair kid would have been a starter but it was heard that he got chicken pox tight before the team was selected for the tournament and so should be back in time for the WC
                          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

That is a different thing Assassin, the players were being invited to a SENIOR football team during school time after they just returned from a tournament in Guyana where they missed significant school time
                            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Downswell looking a red herring after the heat got to him- he is not speaking the truth
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X