CONGRATULATIONS on qualifying for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONGRATULATIONS on qualifying for

the U17 WC. Maybe this is the start of Jamaica's second rise in international soccer (football), and hopefully the JFF will put the necessary "pieces" in place to keep the program growing.

I don't see why Jamaica can't have a national academy and high school soccer. The academy would be for nurturing and developing the best young players, while the high school competition would give others the opportunity to earn college scholarships, as well as helping to keep the "late bloomers" active.

The JFF might want to take a look at Under Armour as their official outfitter. They are a growing company, that is hungry to grab a share of the market from the top 3. They also have an agressive promotional and marketing arm. You could be their venture into international soccer.

I don't see why Jamaica can't have a national academy and high school soccer. The academy would be for nurturing and developing the best young players, while the high school competition would give others the opportunity to earn college scholarships, as well as helping to keep the "late bloomers" active.
    While Jamaica does not have an academy or academies, it does have thriving high school soccer leagues. The Manning and DaCosta Cup competitions have nurtured maybe 99% of all players who have represented the national teams at some level.

Many are of the opinion that high school soccer as played in Jamaica should be scrapped for academies where the best talent is identified and developed under a carefully supervised program. None other than Rene Simoes supported this position as well, but with its long ingrained presence in our football culture, it is going to be hard to change.

I do not think the JFF would have a problem with Under Armour if the money is right. It could be a win win situation if they get together.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post

Many are of the opinion that high school soccer as played in Jamaica should be scrapped for academies where the best talent is identified and developed under a carefully supervised program.
      If high school football is scrapped, who will pay & support the academies in a pauperized country like ours? Academies where young men are nurtured and developed would only come to light under private entities.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Congrats to you .
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          If high school football is scrapped, who will pay & support the academies in a pauperized country like ours? Academies where young men are nurtured and developed would only come to light under private entities.
          I take that as a rhetorical question.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Hail up Tilla, my question is why cant they both work together? Who says Schoolboys football was ever meant to satisfy the national quest for talent.

Leave schoolboys football alone and put in other things that will help the growth of the game at that level.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

What's up Sickko? It was good meeting you at long last.

If you and Hortical read what I have posted, I am not taking sides one way or another. I am not making a case for scrapping schoolboy football.

Moreover, I have no issue with keeping the schoolboy football that is already in place ad find the real talented and put them in academies. Schoolboy football has served us well over the decades and it still can. To get to the next level however, we cannot expect all our development to take place in the school setting.

Comment

its more about logistics than anything. When the candian program when with the provincial program 4 day a week training they had to tell the kids no more highg school. Not base on principle but the fact is if you are training 4 days a week with the ntl program, when do you recover, and do homework.... They can both exist but most likely the elite footballers in an academy setting cant play.

Comment

Working...
                X